why does my 02 plate dt125 only do 70mph?

fzrthow
This post is 3934 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

70mph is about the top speed for a DT125. You could replace the rear sprocket with a smaller one (or the front with a larger one), that will give you a bit more top end, but you will lose some acceleration.

P

Maybe it's still restricted? Check out dtr125.net for info on making it faster.

My 2007 DT did 65mph when it was all stock, then I earthed a wire behind the speedo and it rocketed (literally, in terms of performance gain) up to 76mph and that's 1 of the many restrictors! Removing them all and changing sprockets can result in daft top speeds of 100mph+

http://dtr125.net/tuningnewer.htm

• 2 weeks later...

^^ all of the above

or you could just lose weight :D

Ha Ha verey good mate, or a biger bike :D

• 1 month later...

Ha Ha verey good mate, or a biger bike :D

or8 matey it will only do bout 70 cus it will still be restricted ive got a dtr125 1999 model ile get about 125+ as ive had all ristrictors taken off ive had the head skimmed barrel ported to the max same as the head 34mm carb off a rgv wold flywheel lightend and my dads messed about with the crank to do with crank compression and ive got a tz125 piston init and it will rev out at about 1600 grand which is fuckin amazing is screams its bolxe off at u make sure u run it on good 2stroke castrol a747 spells gd and runs fuckin sweet as a nut but i prea mix it much better then u no u are defo gettin 2stroke through i all so have a tz125 pipe on it much betta i no it may not look as good coming under the bike but performance wise much betta than a arrow or a dep pipe there crap ive got both pipes and the rubbis to much of a swan kneck on them no good at all. the other thing ile be doing is putting a yz125 1992 hotrod crank in mine and putting a yz125 top end on brillant any questions just email me matey and ile speak to u about dt's matey sound luke

• 1 year later...

iv got a dt125 x 2007 and all its had done is the wire behind the clocks and a arrow exhaust and it will do 100 and everything else is totally standard

bullmetera.jpg

:shakeno:

• Like 1

so,, :question: . what you are saying, is all your 125's will piss all over my rd350lc , that will only reach 110mph,

:crazy: your all bonkers...

why stop it there nev. :headscratch:

It'll get there Kev, you watch

Titanium pistons, crank n barrel will be next

I'd call it Amy Winehouse syndrome,

A dodgy needle ;)

Nah Merv, 62 mph, thats the sort of speed you'd be getting from a tickled up DT50, a DT125, de-restricted at the speedo, with an aftermarket exhaust, would be somewhere between 75mph and 80mph, I'll be lucky if mine gets to 85mph, and mines effectively a 135, since I've had the overbore, plus all the extra whistles and bangs mines had done to it.

The only way a DT125 is capable of doing 100mph, is in the back of an AA recovery van, and the drivers just been told his missus has gone into labour.

Nah Merv, 62 mph, thats the sort of speed you'd be getting from a tickled up DT50, a DT125, de-restricted at the speedo, with an aftermarket exhaust, would be somewhere between 75mph and 80mph, I'll be lucky if mine gets to 85mph, and mines effectively a 135, since I've had the overbore, plus all the extra whistles and bangs mines had done to it.

The only way a DT125 is capable of doing 100mph, is in the back of an AA recovery van, and the drivers just been told his missus has gone into labour.

Or Omar was seen going into his house with his cock out

• Like 1