why does my 02 plate dt125 only do 70mph?

fzrthow
This post is 3953 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Even better, my 250 is the size of a DTR, the weight of a DTR with the aerodynamics of a DTR but better brakes and tyres, not to mention the tiny issue of 4 times the horsepower and that will do..........

100mph

, it might do more (thats a sat nav 100mph too not the optimeter on the dash that is pointing to nigh on 120 at this point) but holding on to the bastard is getting tricky at that speed and thats on road tyres and a 19" front wheel.

On a DTR nah!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you want to do silly speeds buy an R1, "I did" 180mph with no effort, but lady luck was sure to run out, so I got ride of it, before it was "goodnight Vienna"

My RD350 ypvs 86 has seen 100mph on the clocks at about 8krpm. At this point a friend on an r6 came past at 160...... whata nob.... My DT125RE saw 80mph once and that was plenty on that type of bike.

DT's dont need to do that kind of speed!!!!!

Y'know, sometimes a waterfall sandwich isn't really that bad.

What are the odds on the OP coming back.........

I'd say about the same odds as his DT doing 100mph

This thread is awesome!!!

I dont understand why people would even want a DT to do 100mph+! and for those that genuinely get a 125 to that level the cost and maintenance must be unreal!!

I bought mine as a bike to learn to ride on, and as a round town commuter with added grin factor its great, but now im ready to do my DAS and moving on to bigger and better things.

Mine is to be sold in the next month as im buying a 650 single, not decided between a Yam tenere, Honda Dominator or BMW F650 ( but thats another thread!)

My DT125 does 600 mph and that is it only ticking-over at 1150 rpm

I always tell the truth,,i do !!!

I have just worked out that the rebore on my TZR250 now means it is a TZR263, so, based on that is it as fast as the mighty dt125 with the clock wire earthed? I really hope it is as I couldn't cope with being passed at 120 by a dt. I am sure with an extra 13cc my bike must be able to pass the 200mph mark now.

:hah: Am thinking this thread should be moved to the jokes page :eusa_doh:

Omar Gawd