gear change.

up.yours
This post is 5319 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

is it possible to alter the distance between 1st and 2nd gear,all the changes from 2nd to 6th are short n sweet ,but somtimes a little tap from 1st to second gives a falsey as though the distance between them needs shortning. its an RD350LC 1981 (as iff you didnt know).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrisw1958

is it possible to alter the distance between 1st and 2nd gear,all the changes from 2nd to 6th are short n sweet ,but somtimes a little tap from 1st to second gives a falsey as though the distance between them needs shortning. its an RD350LC 1981 (as iff you didnt know).

Nah can't be done as your running through neutual in your box from 1st to 2nd. :D

Nah can't be done as your running through neutual in your box from 1st to 2nd. :D
ta chris1958 ,no offence ,but im hoping somebody can contradict you,as this can sometimes become quit annoying, and embarrasing,ie when overtaking.

ta chris1958 ,no offence ,but im hoping somebody can contradict you,as this can sometimes become quit annoying, and embarrasing,ie when overtaking.

It CANNOT be done - you can put a close ratio gearbox on it from a TZ350 or summat - but you are always gonna hook over neutral.

Pretty much what Chris said here:

And why is it annoying or embarrassing? WTF are you overtaking in 1st gear? Milk Floats?????

As said you are rotating the selector drum for each cog so 1-2 needs a bigger kick to clear neutral.

If it really bothers you reverse the linkage to give you a race pattern 1 up 5 down then you can give it a good prod to get past it, pain in the arse in traffic mind.

And why is it annoying or embarrassing? WTF are you overtaking in 1st gear? Milk Floats?????
when setting off at t-lights.or sometimes just from the curb it misses,and whangs its head off and attracts an audiance.{helmet hides the blushes i no.)then again i may overtake a woman rider eh.

hook the neutral indicator light to a relay. the other pole on the relay shall be hooked to your coil output. and then to the left footpeg. anytime youre about to drop a shift into neutral, the resulting jolt will cause your left foot to spasm and kick you right into 2nd gear.

problem solved. :P

what about shortening the lever? that would give you a shorter throw distance and make it easier to float over N

hmmm,why would i have problems with the latter anyone?P.S im not shockin myself so you can piss off with that first idea :angry:

when setting off at t-lights.or sometimes just from the curb it misses,and whangs its head off and attracts an audiance.{helmet hides the blushes i no.) then again i may overtake a woman rider eh.

From the sounds of the way you "ride" your bike.... i doubt that very much. :rolleyes:

The only women riders you're likely to overtake are the ones riding sidesaddle on bicycles :P

OK...

When you up-shift, you are moving through 2 gear positions, which is why it seems like a long movement - Because it is!!

Bikes are designed to easily slip into Neutral, precisely so you don't spend all day pissing about with the lever.

The little tap you mentioned, that puts you into Neutral, is exactly what it's designed to do.

Usually this issue will go away after you've been riding for a few months. It's just practice.

As for overtaking a woman - Good luck, mate.

Thanks to the mysogynist attitudes of blokes, women have to ride twice as hard to be considered half as good.

They got balls of steel and some f**kin' excellent bikes out there. Chances are you've already been outridden by several women and not had a clue.

Oh - and in case you actually need to be told - fear any women who rides a Rocket III.

From the sounds of the way you "ride" your bike.... i doubt that very much. :rolleyes:

The only women riders you're likely to overtake are the ones riding sidesaddle on bicycles :P

actuarly it startles horses ,it s all i can race these days :cry2:

...just kick it harder
i would do if i remembered,but sometimes when your flicking it through the box ,you tend to forget too boot it when you get to first.{for the purpose of any women who havnt had a two stroke regular gear change is common practice ,

For someone so misogynist in attitude, you seem to be quite inept yourself.

Respect our Sisterhood.

For someone so misogynist in attitude, you seem to be quite inept yourself.

Respect our Sisterhood.

er sorry miss Ttaskmistress :bootyshake:

i would do if i remembered,but sometimes when your flicking it through the box ,you tend to forget too boot it when you get to first.{for the purpose of any women who havnt had a two stroke regular gear change is common practice ,

You appear to have a problem with women riders.....

I would quit with this "women riders" shit now if i were you..... :rolleyes:

There are only two ways to argue with a woman,,,

and neither work ! ;)

Guest chrisw1958

Let him carry on as its a big brown hole he's falling into :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online