Leather Jackets and gloves Help!

YAMAHA MAN
This post is 5321 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, Im new to bikes and have also joined the forum which is tops! I am looking to buy a leather jacket with the protection and some decent gloves. i have been on one or two websites but there prices are too high for me. I was wandering if anyone could reccomend any websites or places which do these at good prices or the cheapest if possible? because i have already spent too much on my bike.

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try on a few so you know what size you need then look on Ebay. Some good bargains in the clothing.

I have just brought 2 piece leathers from ebay for £100

Adam.

hi, Im new to bikes and have also joined the forum which is tops! I am looking to buy a leather jacket with the protection and some decent gloves. i have been on one or two websites but there prices are too high for me. I was wandering if anyone could reccomend any websites or places which do these at good prices or the cheapest if possible? because i have already spent too much on my bike.

Thanks!

Definitely try E.bay you can get some really good bargains on there if you don't mind second hand.

100% Ebay first but also remember that the end of season sales have begun and sometimes if you have a good look around you can come up with some good bargains

2nd hand leathers are bargains.

Personally, I'd not suggest you buy anything that you haven't tried on.

Me, I got a pair of £180 Frank Thomas jackets for £30 each in the end of season sales.

Awsome deals out there if you look.

This place is BRILLIANT for cheap stuff

CLICKETY CLICK

If you have a store near you i would recommend going in as they often have bargains that are not on the website. I get most of my kit from there

Im into my 5th year of my Frank Thomas winter jacket now - no leaks, still as toasty and all for the princely sum of £60 :D

I've ordered most of my leather gear from leatherup.com

Good quality and very low prices.

I'm the ultimate skinflint (both through choice and necessity...), so I recommend trying FREECYCLE. If you haven't heard of it, it's local groups where people post stuff that is still good enough to use but just unwanted - rather than throwing it away. The point being they aren't allowed to charge for it. Google for your local group.

Once you've given away something yourself, you can post a wanted.... and trust me, whatever it is you need, someone somewhere often seems to have one squirrelled away that they're eager to let you have. Ok, unlike buying there's no guarantee you're going to get it, but you'd be surprised ;-)

If you've got old stuff lying around just taking up space, I'd honestly recommend it too. I've been grateful a few times for picking up decent items.

Cheers!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online