REVS AND RUNNING IN BIKES

YAMAHA MAN
This post is 5345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Just joined the forum and think its tops! I have just turned 17 and done my cbt125 and ordered a 59plate Ybr 125. I was wandering how many miles it takes to run the bike in from 0 miles and also what revs you should change the gears at before its run in. and also whats the max speed you should not go over??

thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Just joined the forum and think its tops! I have just turned 17 and done my cbt125 and ordered a 59plate Ybr 125. I was wandering how many miles it takes to run the bike in from 0 miles and also what revs you should change the gears at before its run in. and also whats the max speed you should not go over??

thanks!

It will all be detailed in the manual.

There are various opinions. Some thrash em from the word go some run em in religously.

what i did with mine (xvs dragstar 125)

1st 100 miles : didnt go over 35mph and didnt rev high

oil change

100 to 400miles: pushed it to 40mph with low revs

oil change

400 to 1000 miles : went a maximum of 55mph pushind the revs a bit harder (only a litle)

service

1000 to 1200 miles: thrashed it to 65 then cruised in 5th gear

1200 to 1300 miles: found a big long hill and went down it a few times pushing the bike 3mph at a time to a total of 75

1300 to 1350 miles: went down the hill as fast as i could revving each gear as high as i could to a total of 80mph

service and happy riding. :D

i got a maximum of 70mph on a straight with a tiny bit of breeze which is brill for such a bulky bike. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online