Meta Alarm on R1

rod_lam
This post is 5337 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just purchased a 2005 R1 fitted with a Meta Def Com 3 alarm which I would like to remove. I have the certificate from the fitter at the Dealer (NE London). They have it on their computer record but referred me to an alarm engineer who wants to come and remove it himself. I would like to do this myself if possible.

I can see the alarm leads in the Haynes manual wiring diagram. I also have the Workshop manual that does not help.

It is easy to undo the connectors to the loom and remove the alarm body and wiring from the alarm; I am left with six leads emerging from the loom - all black with two green dots running along each wire. They disappear into the loom under the tank and are almost certainly part of the original loom fitting.

Two of the loom leads are connected to a pure white barrel shaped connector. This is connected to a single lead to the alarm body - This single lead contains the alarm fuse.

Four of the loom leads go to an off-white rectangular four way connector - that connects to four black leads from the alarm.

One of the four leads to this connector, as it emerges from the loom, has two leads soldered to it . One goes to the main rear light connector; one goes to the rear indicator lights.

Do I need to buy an original piece of wiring or get busy with the soldering iron. Any help would be appreciated.

I have looked at previous threads - nothing for a R1.

Regards

Rod

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just purchased a 2005 R1 fitted with a Meta Def Com 3 alarm which I would like to remove. I have the certificate from the fitter at the Dealer (NE London). They have it on their computer record but referred me to an alarm engineer who wants to come and remove it himself. I would like to do this myself if possible.

I can see the alarm leads in the Haynes manual wiring diagram. I also have the Workshop manual that does not help.

It is easy to undo the connectors to the loom and remove the alarm body and wiring from the alarm; I am left with six leads emerging from the loom - all black with two green dots running along each wire. They disappear into the loom under the tank and are almost certainly part of the original loom fitting.

Two of the loom leads are connected to a pure white barrel shaped connector. This is connected to a single lead to the alarm body - This single lead contains the alarm fuse.

Four of the loom leads go to an off-white rectangular four way connector - that connects to four black leads from the alarm.

One of the four leads to this connector, as it emerges from the loom, has two leads soldered to it . One goes to the main rear light connector; one goes to the rear indicator lights.

Do I need to buy an original piece of wiring or get busy with the soldering iron. Any help would be appreciated.

I have looked at previous threads - nothing for a R1.

Regards

Rod

Hi Rod,

Call me and I will help

Pete 07877 552759

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online