Yamaha YZF-R125 with Power Commander 5

soetness
This post is 5179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello!

Just registered here, and wants to check if anyone knows of any good tricks to tune the Yamaha YZF-R125.

Well, I have already fitted the Power Commander 5 and Devil slip-on exhaust for performance, but still it only does 135km/h.. Anyone know of any good maps for the power commander or any other tricks to make it go any faster? (Except new cylinder). Will add some pictures aswell!

Would also appreciate any links to sites where I can buy performance parts and accessories. Thanks!

Greetings

Kim

5450_269696065104_750300104_8314003_4210327_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it may stil be factory restricted check air filter box and inlets

im sure some on will come a long and give a better answer :)

it may stil be factory restricted check air filter box and inlets

im sure some on will come a long and give a better answer :)

Airfilter box, or the airfilter itself? Not sure if i know what inlets are, but ok..

Thanks!

Airfilter box, or the airfilter itself? Not sure if i know what inlets are, but ok..

Thanks!

airfilter box it should have a snorkle that can be removed but this will require a remap also you should get a K&N air filter also the inlet is where the injector body meets the manifold there is sometimes extra flaps on the rubber bit that restricts fuel flowbut not sure on this, also does ure bike revv freely or does it stop at like say 7000rpm ?

airfilter box it should have a snorkle that can be removed but this will require a remap also you should get a K&N air filter also the inlet is where the injector body meets the manifold there is sometimes extra flaps on the rubber bit that restricts fuel flowbut not sure on this, also does ure bike revv freely or does it stop at like say 7000rpm ?

I see.. The workshop that fitted the power commander mapped my bike when they ran it at the dyno..

It stops at 10,500rpm, it is limited. But the red starts at 10,000.. I am looking at a BMC air filter atm, do you think that would do any good?

I see.. The workshop that fitted the power commander mapped my bike when they ran it at the dyno..

It stops at 10,500rpm, it is limited. But the red starts at 10,000.. I am looking at a BMC air filter atm, do you think that would do any good?

ok well its not limmited then buy rpm as long as you can reach redline :)

and the air filter looks ok but never heard of them so K&N still ure best bet also make sure you remove the inlet snorkel as this will aid greatly with air flow but you must get it redyno'd to make use of these improvments how much they improve is hard to tell maybe from 1-3bhp

ok well its not limmited then buy rpm as long as you can reach redline :)

and the air filter looks ok but never heard of them so K&N still ure best bet also make sure you remove the inlet snorkel as this will aid greatly with air flow but you must get it redyno'd to make use of these improvments how much they improve is hard to tell maybe from 1-3bhp

K&N does not produce any air filters for my bike at the moment.

I really do not know what the "inlet snorkel" is, but I will look into it!

Thank you very much

I really do not know what the "inlet snorkel" is, but I will look into it!

Thank you very much

ahh ok mybe try pipercross they might do one

and the inlet snorkel is in the air filter box and looks like the tube in this picture but should not atache to any thing and leed straight out or to a tube that goes to the front of the bike

Technical-MAF_Snorkel_07.jpg

ahh ok mybe try pipercross they might do one

and the inlet snorkel is in the air filter box and looks like the tube in this picture but should not atache to any thing and leed straight out or to a tube that goes to the front of the bike

Technical-MAF_Snorkel_07.jpg

Will look into it! Thanks

come on people?!?! anyone heard of a yzf-r125 with turbo then?

or has got a map for Power Commander 5 mixed with Devil Slip-On exhaust?

• 4 months later...

come on people?!?! anyone heard of a yzf-r125 with turbo then?

or has got a map for Power Commander 5 mixed with Devil Slip-On exhaust?

Get your self over to the R125 forum. The people there have a vested interest in you, your question and finding you an answer we all have an R125 :D.

http://www.yamahar125.com/forum/index.php

Also, becuase the R125 is a 4 stroker, it has been designed to produce the 15hp at the flywheel, to get more out of this engine requires tuning and stressing the standard components. There is no washer to remove from the exhaust or YPVS valve in the exhaust port to turn etc etc. There is a 150CC cylinder available from Yamaha and a 180CC cylinder from malossi which may be a good next step for your bike, but like I said get over to the 125 forum and youll get lots more answers to your questions.

Blinding

If your that bothered about top end just change your gearing. You'll lose acceleration though probably quite a bit on a little bike.

Guest MaD.VeZ

I'm 99% sure that if you phone k&n directly they will make any airfilter you want, they will ask you about size's, shape etc and make you one to fit. just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean its a no go.  

Welcome to the forum btw.

Vez