Fazer 600 (2002) rebuild info required !!

daveclap
This post is 5334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I am new to this site and as you may work out, not very technically/mechanically knowledgable, however would appreciate any assistance you guys can give me.

I have owned a Fazer 600 (2002 model) since October 06 and have recently stripped it down in order to give it some much needed TLC. Currently the frame etc is off for powder coating and I look forward to putting it back together when it comes back. I will need some to replace some parts though and wondered if I can get any info from you about this....

I will be needing various bolts from around the bike, as well as other more standard items such as filters and chain/sprocket set etc etc. I will also need some other bits (possibly none standard)which you may be able to assist with... (I will update the post as I think of more bits that I need)

Can you get Braided hoses to run from the radiator to replace the fixed pipes (which on mine have corroded badly) and rubber hose? If not, can anyone advise what to replace these with instead?

Where is the best place to get hold of bolts etc (stainless) - I am not able to travel far to get things, so web order (without seeing the part) would be advantageous.

If anyone has any other ideas they think are worth sharing for a rebuild before I commence please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for any assistance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lets make a start, I'll chip in with Stainless bolts (these are for low stress areas-engine covers, fairing fasteners etc etc

www.stagonset.com

www.tasty-nuts.com

www.inoxbolt.co.uk

;)

Thanks for that - great start !!

(I will also need suitable bolts for stress areas too though as some of my brake disc fixings sheared when removing them).

hi , and welcome t madhouse ,i dont know were you are but in bolton theirs a place called BRABIN AND RUDD,they do all sorts of nuts bolts and other stuff you should find what you need here. sorry i dont have a link cos i dont know how todo one.

Thanks for that - great start !!

(I will also need suitable bolts for stress areas too though as some of my brake disc fixings sheared when removing them).

tastynuts do stainless for disc rotor screws, they supply their own torque settings for these with your order ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online