cat n fiddle

This post is 5335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive no idea were this cat n fiddle road is,but i have herd its being hammerd by the law,(off my mum and dad and all the clan, why do mums worry so bluddy much ,im 45 for christ sake,anyhow is all the hype true about it being blitzed by fcukin cameras traps n choppers,or do my fammily love me so much. :lol::rolleyes::huh:<_<:mellow::o;):blink:B):( i feel the need to thrash the old rd through this notorious stretch of england,but i dont need the notorious fine that accompanies it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive no idea were this cat n fiddle road is,but i have herd its being hammerd by the law,(off my mum and dad and all the clan, why do mums worry so bluddy much ,im 45 for christ sake,anyhow is all the hype true about it being blitzed by fcukin cameras traps n choppers,or do my fammily love me so much. :lol::rolleyes::huh:<_<:mellow::o;):blink:B):( i feel the need to thrash the old rd through this notorious stretch of england,but i dont need the notorious fine that accompanies it.

The Cat & Fiddle is in Derbyshire/Cheshire and is the main road betweeen Buxton and Macclesfield.

To be honest the road isn't as bad as it's made out to be, but naturally accidents happen when you act like an idiot and don't read the road, and because it attracts a lot of biker attention it will naturally have more accidents.

The Police do make a presence and again it's not that bad, especially the section after the Cat & Fiddle pub into Macclesfied (which is the best part of the road as well), but they do have a Plane that patrols the area although I've never seen it myself.

They are planning on putting Average Speed Camera's up on the road later this year/early next year and (allegedly) these will be linked to ave speed camera's on other roads around it.

The cat and fiddle is a lovely ride out for us not too far but far enough to make a day of it through to Derbyshire, the roads are being lowered to 50mph as the cops think this will stop all the accidents up there, i havent seen that many cop cars up there but have seen the plane quite a few times nice blue and yellow one and sometimes they actually get their helicopter out if they like to play :rolleyes: bless. The road has some good bends on them and if you act a tit then yes you will come a cropper but majority of people know how to handle their bikes and make it safely home. If you get a chance to go there try it as i said its a lovely road and the scenery (if not too much of a blurr ) is brill

Yeah we go up there quite a bit...not too far from us either. Yes those Average Speed Camera thingymebobs are planned for up there :angry2: and yes there is 5.0. activity about and they do have a Chopper Copper sometimes on patrol but you can usually see and hear it... <_<

Personally, we have never encountered the cops though...may be the time of day we go (we always seem to go later in the day)....

I find you have to watch out for Kamikazee sheep more than lurking coppers :lol:

hey pal,

as chris said it is a great road but you do get some turkeys on hedge missles thinking there rossi on there sometimes. but it can be a great ride

we are passing over the fiddle on the manchester rideout (organised on another website) if your still coming??

Batifan,yamgirl and chris you are all welcome to come if you fancy it?

let me know if you fancy it

B

yes ill still be coming if its dry,and if the yams running well you can all smell my two stroke fumes, :lol::lol:

Thanks BillyO when is your ride out

30th aug :o)

starting at ducati sale then riding down threw hale,wilmslow alderly edge down to macclesfield across the fiddle to buxton down to bakewell then down to matlock and back :o)

gona be knackered when i get home haha

more than welcome to come if you like.

welcome to meet us on te way if u want to.

hey pal,

as chris said it is a great road but you do get some turkeys on hedge missles thinking there rossi on there sometimes. but it can be a great ride

we are passing over the fiddle on the manchester rideout (organised on another website) if your still coming??

B

Unfortunately (or hopefully if the weather is good 'fortunately') I'll be riding up In Scotland from the 28th Aug through to the 1st Sept. So thanks for the invite but i can't make it. Maybe another time.

Cheers

Chris

Unfortunately (or hopefully if the weather is good 'fortunately') I'll be riding up In Scotland from the 28th Aug through to the 1st Sept. So thanks for the invite but i can't make it. Maybe another time.

Cheers

Chris

No worries

enjoy the ride up there

Really??

nice one.

yup its black with silver police badges on it black leathers white helmet :)

hmm looks like the pic has been removed from google there was a pic on there of the bike and him

yup its black with silver police badges on it black leathers white helmet :)

hmm looks like the pic has been removed from google there was a pic on there of the bike and him

were can i purchase a dodgy plate like yours ,mate.

hey pal,

B

Cheers for the invite but My 'Ol Mans got a gig that day so will be having a few sherberts at the Greenstar! :beerchug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online