Dipping the clutch ??

Ski-Dennis
This post is 5352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

what a load of bull if you tap the cluch that disengages the gear a bit and there for will slow you down and in the end burn the clutch out .......... need i say more ?

was just wanderin a friend of mine said that if your full throttlein it if u keep tapping the clutch u will go faster i thought it was a bit weird but then i heard off some1 it can damage your bike ?? is it even worth it ?
when you tap the clutch you slow down a bit when you (un-tap) you jog back to top speed acheiving nowt ,if you want to go faster ,go down hill ,or buy a bigger bike.

Eat loads of beans, then flatten your body against the tank, max out on the throttle in top gear and then fart.

Guest yamaboi67

was just wanderin a friend of mine said that if your full throttlein it if u keep tapping the clutch u will go faster i thought it was a bit weird but then i heard off some1 it can damage your bike ?? is it even worth it ?

ummm, no. You will go as fast as the bike is capable unless you've put in some engine work to move it beyond factory specs.

Eat loads of beans, then flatten your body against the tank, max out on the throttle in top gear and then fart.
now ? this may just be the answer to that boost your lookin for. :lol:

G/day mate. The actual term is blipping the clutch and it is a technique used on high output bikes to keep the motor "on cam". For example, sometimes coming out of a bend the power may bog down a little. Instead of rapidly downshifting and unsettling the bike, blipping the clutch rapidly brings the engine back into the meaty area of the rev range or back "on cam". Very effective on peaky, high performance bikes. A waste of time on bikes with minimal power. From first hand experience I can assure you that multi plate wet clutches tolerate thousands of blips with bugger all increase in the rate of wear. Try it on a performance bike and you will see that the short delay in forward momentum is far outwayed by the sudden increase in acceleration. If you have not tried it before, make sure the bike is completely upright and running in the straight ahead position until you get used to the effects that it has on the machine. Generally a dry weather technique. Hope this helps. Paul.

now ? this may just be the answer to that boost your lookin for. :lol:

And dont forget to cut drag by putting your umbrella down :mellow:

And dont forget to cut drag by putting your umbrella down :mellow:
sarcasim is the lowest form of wit,MR bwj