RAF attestation tomorrow :)

wild foamy
This post is 5297 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

wasnt me OG, my jawa is still in my dads shed, but i now have the new rotor but just need to fit it and give it a try.

Anyhoo, RAF is good, getting used to living in a barrack block with 10 other people, not enjoying the 5am starts in the freezing cold because some muppet left the window open all night. getting the hang of the ironing and getting used to the constant beasting from the P.Ed staff, lol.

ive been affectionately known as "Mouse", because im the smallest (and youngest) member of my flight, and my second name (Mortimer) was the name of a cartoon mouse at some point... i say affectionately but i stil get the piss taken out of me :P.

im on day 10 now, so only 52 days left (yes, we are all counting the days!), cant wait for the next 8 weeks to be over!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back to the Asylum 'mouse' :D

the nice nurse will be along shortly ;)

I hope your not getting a beasting!

I had a great time at Halton, I hope you do, however I was not in the RAF at the time.

Have you seen the Vulcan? They really did land it on grass to get it there.

Good luck, 8 weeks will fly by.

well its not really a beasting, more just banter, but its all part of the fun and i dont really mind :D

as far as im concerned 8 weeks cant go fast enough!, 10 days feels like 10 weeks, im not used to being up at 6 and in bed at 11! :(

well its not really a beasting, more just banter, but its all part of the fun and i dont really mind :D

as far as im concerned 8 weeks cant go fast enough!, 10 days feels like 10 weeks, im not used to being up at 6 and in bed at 11! :(

That late? You were lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope - RAF Police wear white-topped peaked caps, hence the nickname.

IGDT Flight (Initial Ground Defence Training) is staffed by the Rockapes - RAF Regiment.

Everyone else who's not a Rockape is a Penguin.

And all penguins have got brains!!!

Best of luck young man, I did 10 years in the RAF (79-89) as a Sooty, loved it. Riggers and Sootys tend to be big buddies on the Line, Sparkys got too many brain cells and Plumbers....Hmmm I ask you, who the hell wants to work wi bombs an stuff!!??

Any idea where you want to get posted to, or don't you get a choice anymore? :D

we get posting "preferances", id quite like to be at Benson, Brize Norton, Lyneham or somewhere down south so i can still be near my family :) (the strongest tree is held on the same ground in which he was sown)

Yooz will be sorted, have you met the Chaplain yet, he's a really laid back dude, nice to talk to, and you can call on him anytime,

BuddyChrist001.jpgB), "Heyyy"

And all penguins have got brains!!!

Rocks get guns and missiles and nukes and knives and sharp sticks..... :D

Check it out... Independently targeting particle beam phalanx.

VWWAPP!

Fry half a city with this puppy.

We got tactical smart missiles... phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic EE-lectronic BALL BREAKERS!

We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

pretty much half way through now, just finished day 28 and im currently doing my CBRN training with the regiment. spending the majority of the day dressed in a boiling hot chemical protection suit doing various drills such as taking off my helmet, taking my respirator out of its bag and putting it on within 9 seconds all good fun when you're in a room full of CS gas :), (which, by the way, will clear a blocked nose like you'd never believe!)

next week is first aid training, the week after is weapons training, then its basically just a week of admin until i grad on the 21st (hopefully!)

was allowed home last weekend and this weekend, i also brought the DT back with me last weekend so if im allowed local leave in the evenings i can find a quite road and go for a play :)

ye'll sinch it Stevo, we're all 'rootin' for you, if the RAF dont take ye, we've all rallied and got you an application for the Navy :mellow:

............ and im currently doing my CBRN training with the regiment. spending the majority of the day dressed in a boiling hot chemical protection suit doing various drills such as taking off my helmet, taking my respirator out of its bag and putting it on within 9 seconds all good fun when you're in a room full of CS gas...........

It was quite gratifying after all the training, the night in Kuwait when the NIAD alarm went off (False alarm they said.......yeah, ok.) and all the NBC (as it was then) drills become automatic.

Except for the RCT Warrant, who panicked and shot himself up with his combi pen.

.............next week is first aid training, the week after is weapons training,..........

Sounds like they got that in the right order.........

Keep going, have fun.

Except for the RCT Warrant, who panicked and shot himself up with his combi pen.

Ouch, Astropine poisoning?,

i had to run through all the drills today as part of a practical test, things like donning the respirator in under 9 seconds i did outside of the gas chamber (or "respirator test facility" as it is now called), but other things such as administering a combipen, changing the respirator canister, drinking using the respirator straw and decontaminating (which involved taking off the respirator, rubbing my face, neck, ears and hair with DKP2 powder and replacing the respirator) were all done inside the RTF in the presence of CS gas

But everyone in my flight passed the tests, we had a good laugh and all in all a good day, finished at 3pm and was home in newbury by half 5, 75 miles on the DT lasting 2 hours and it didnt skip a beat!

Sounds like you're having a blast honey - but i miss ya! ;)

75 miles on the DT lasting 2 hours and it didnt skip a beat!

Fekkin top man! Thats dedication for ya :D

The country is a lot safer in your hands if yer willing to do 75 miles in 2 hours on a DT50 everyday!!

Where's yer next long ride to? Iraq?? :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online