xvs125

king_3
This post is 5181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A shop.

There are many places to get the brackets and literally hundreds of shops that will sell a myriad styles of saddlebags.

Pick one.

Any parts shop will be able to get the official genuine OEM Yamaha brackets and almost all of them will have a few suppliers of Aftermarket versions.

M&P

MPS

Hein Gericke

eBay

Local dealer

Local parts shop

Local accessories shop

Local bike rally

Fowlers

George White

Almost anywhere.

There are even exotic versions you can get from the States.

First off I would suggest you find a shop that sells some so you can get an idea of whats available. They do come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and it depends on what you want to put in them as to the ones most suitable. Some do not even take full size A4, so if you want to put work/office stuff in them, you could be stuffed if not carefull !!!

Also some are made more for looks than durability and practicality - original Virago ones had a bad reputation for poor quality buckles so make sure its fit for your purpose !!

Brackets tend not to be a real headache there pretty standard, but bags can be a right sod to get right if you dont consider their purpose before hand.

Hope this helps

where is the best place to get saddle bags for my bike

also need the brackets

Plenty available on the web. Shop around. I bought a pair of HELD RANCHER saddlebags because of the angled rear suspension, the HELD UNIVERSAL BACKPLATE, 2 security pins, and a pair of saddle bag spacers. Expect to pay around £250. Buy your own padlocks as the kit ones are crap. Try and get it all from one supplier, that allows you to haggle and only pay one delivery charge.

Happy hunting.

• 5 months later...

Hi all!

Glad you posted this as I was about to do the same only for my Yammy XVS 250 Dragstar, I've had it a year this April but still haven't rode it, I've past my C.B.T but not my theory or praticle yet (just around the corner) then I thought I'd better get security so I decided on a chain (Almax) rather than an alarm but the 2 metre thing weighs 9.78 kilos so I thought about a rack but they ALL state 5 kilo max (how can they all be the same max weight?) so now I'm thinking saddle bags & at the same time looking for a weather proof cover that I'm not just paying for the name but does what it should!

Would you lot chance the rack?

Thanks.

P.S

Hope you don't mind me asking questions on your post as it's basicly the same question.

How'd you get on? I wont have my bike too long so dont want to pay a lot fo rthe saddle bags. Do you need the saddle bag frame or can you just get 'throw overs?'. What stops them from swinging out when you turn?

Thanks again

Answered in another thread, but:

You do need the support frames, both to lash the bags to and to keep them from swinging out.

"Throwover" is also a bit of a misnomer these days as most people secure them under the pillion seat.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online