kevlar clutch. any good?

troyboy
This post is 5339 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, im after a little advice, i have a yzf750 sp i use for drag racing and a daily commute [ if the weathers nice!].

After 25 hamfisted starts on a very hot day the clutch started to slip and now the biting point of the clutch is right at the top of the lever which would suggest ive worn the original clutch out.

I am considering fitting a kevlar clutch but on reading the product information it says the clutch lever has a completly different feel over the stock item, i dont really want the back wheel locking up on me on everyday riding as the biting point is too fierce [on of off].

I wondered if any1 has fitted a kevlar clutch to thieir bike and got on well with it or gone back 2 the stock clutch with heavy duty springs.

although the kevlar clutch is double the price of a standard clutch and heavy duty springs [that isnt a problem], i dont want to sacrifice decent road riding so i can benifit 8 times a year drag racing. at least i know the kevlar clutch will take the stick. is a standard clutch and heavy duty springs the way forward????????? thanks :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online