my mid life crisis.

Cynic
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

P8130014.jpg

P8130015.jpg

Not bad for 22 years old.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice bike m8,, looks good as new!!!!

I know its a coorker. There are slight wear marks from boots on the frame and bits like headlight brackets and stuff have wear marks from cables resting on them which makes me think it hasn't been restored at all, even the shock works fine if a bit soft but thats jap spec for you. It'll be set for a 60 kg rice runner rather than a 14 stone me.

I keep checking to see if its been a racer or such but none of the teltales are there and its mint, the tyres on it are dated 2001 the year it came off the boat, ( and yes they are going in the bin). 3 owners including me in the UK and 9000m

I can only summise its been a sunny sunday toy its entire life. I'm chuffed but its took nearly 6 months of looking.

The colour way is spot on and the bike looks a gem. Im jealous, but just goes to show that some time and effort spent finding the right bike can pay bigtime.

Stupid question showing my ignorance but whats the model and how thick and length are those forks (from wheel spindle to top of yokes) !!! They look nice and long should we rethink our Virago chop plans

The colour way is spot on and the bike looks a gem. Im jealous, but just goes to show that some time and effort spent finding the right bike can pay bigtime.

Stupid question showing my ignorance but whats the model and how thick and length are those forks (from wheel spindle to top of yokes) !!! They look nice and long should we rethink our Virago chop plans

Its a TDR250 bit of a marmite bike at the time, sensible practical chassis with a very unsensible and not really practical engine, that sums it up really sort of early supermoto/adventure bike. But with a 2 gallon tank 30mpg and an engine that will pull 2500rpm in top but goes nuts at 6000 through 10000 they didnt really sell. Around 2000 all told as i understand.

Trouble is Yam's build quality wasn't at its best in the late eighties and walking past with a bag of chips will damage the finish.

Oh yeah the forks,

They are 38mm across and 790mm long from spindle. Best of luck finding a clean straight pair.

Sweet Ride Cynic!

Reminds me of this 1 that a local has tarted up.....

TDR_PDXjim.jpg

Enjoy that proper smoker SupaMoto! ;)

Cor thats had some proper money thrown at it, those exhausts are over 500 quid without the carb work to make it run, and the wheels and.......

I need to lie down.....

Cor thats had some proper money thrown at it, those exhausts are over 500 quid without the carb work to make it run, and the wheels and.......

I need to lie down.....

Hang on, is that anywhere near Oregon, bloke name of Jim by any chance................