What the heck is this??

vic-fzr600
This post is 5345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was poking around my FZR again yesterday & noticed that there was a hose lying loose.

Its approx 2 foot long, has a black jobbie (yes, thats a technical term!! :blink: ) in the middle - see pic below.

Image247.jpg

Anyone know what this is? I think its a vent hose but not sure where it should be connected to.

Thanks all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

whats the black thing in the middle? not one of those inline fuel filter thingys is it? which if it was would kinda narrow it down. Take the clips off and have a look/smell etc

Usually in line fuel filters are transparent so you can see the fuel.

Thanks folks, i see a stub on the LHS of the airbox, reckon thats where it goes.

On another point, the pipe which runs from the back of the engine to the centre of the airbox had a bit of creamy goo in it. Is this a problem?

Know creamy goo in a car engine would indicate blown head gasket so thought i'd ask.

if it isnt a drain hose then its:

an inline 'air filter' that runs from the engine breather to the airbox. the idea is that fumes from the breather are vented to the engines intake (so pollutant emissions are lower and burnt off), the filter ensures no debris is allowed to be sucked up the breather and into the engine.

its a mangle-wurgelar that connects to the hurdy-gurdy.

they were only fitted to limited edition bikes.

is it left hand drive???

:D

an inline 'air filter' that runs from the engine breather to the airbox. the idea is that fumes from the breather are vented to the engines intake (so pollutant emissions are lower and burnt off), the filter ensures no debris is allowed to be sucked up the breather and into the engine.

in the states those are called a pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) valve.

I know the breather you're talking about, its a larger diameter and is connected to the centre of the airbox at the rear.

Its this breather that i've mentioned contained a bit of creamy goo, was wondering if this is signs of a problem?

the "creamy goo" is most likely oil that has combined with water, shouldn't be anything to worry about unless it is in abundance

i thought creamy goo is what mothers find in teenager's beds!!! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online