1995 FZR600 Vibrations

christoph21
This post is 5343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. I've had my first sport bike (not first bike), a 95 fzr600, for about 3 weeks now. I'm gathering things I need to fix whatnot and one thing I'm unsure on if it's normal or not, is that when I get to about 6k rpm the bike produces a very fine vibration. It's not scary or anything, just a fine vibration. Is this normal? The vibration stops after 6.5k or so I think. Also, I've noticed a clanky noise seemingly from the chain sometimes that will vibrate my left foot a bit on certain amounts of acceleration. Sounds almost like the chain rubs a piece of metal briefly then returns to normal.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all. I've had my first sport bike (not first bike), a 95 fzr600, for about 3 weeks now. I'm gathering things I need to fix whatnot and one thing I'm unsure on if it's normal or not, is that when I get to about 6k rpm the bike produces a very fine vibration. It's not scary or anything, just a fine vibration. Is this normal? The vibration stops after 6.5k or so I think. Also, I've noticed a clanky noise seemingly from the chain sometimes that will vibrate my left foot a bit on certain amounts of acceleration. Sounds almost like the chain rubs a piece of metal briefly then returns to normal.

Vibration probably is normal, although balancing the carbs wont do any harm. Check chain and sprockets; they could be shagged.

Vibration probably is normal, although balancing the carbs wont do any harm. Check chain and sprockets; they could be shagged.

Easy enough to do myself or no?

could be a whole number of things, if its very fine then nothing to worry about, its possibly what Avaition scientists like 'Foamy' call 'Harmonics',,,,,I'll let him explain, cos I'm fik :mellow:

could be a whole number of things, if its very fine then nothing to worry about, its possibly what Avaiation scientists like 'Foamy' call 'Harmonics',,,,,I'll let him explain, cos I'm fik :mellow:

its vibrations caused by a slight imbalance where the sin-waves are not compensated by the cosine-waves........ :blink:

an example of this is an army breaking step (not marching) over a bridge....... :unsure:

hope that explains it ;)

Yeah I've been thinking I need to balance the carbs for a time. The bike idles just fine, but it rumbles; not that smooth monotone pitch. Runs fine all around but I imagine this needs to be done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online