What makes a motorcyclist 'tick'

Konain Saif
This post is 5350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am a student researcher working with a major motorcycle manufacturing company. I wanted your general opinion regarding preferences of a heavyweight motorcyclist (+ 651cc). There is not much research done on motorcyclists & their preferences. I am a motorcyclist myself, I chose this topic as generally companies apply the same approach to motorcyclists as they do to car owners, but, I beg to differ, but, I do need your opinions.

If you could please complete the questionnaire by clicking the link below, it won’t take more than 3-5 minutes of your time. Thank you.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=fGXX...VfVlh4VlA_3d_3d

If you have any questions, concerns or queries regarding the research please feel free to contact me at: [email protected] or [email protected]

Best Regards

Konain Saif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

8. What would you like in-terms of post purchase contact (Tick which is most important)

What would you like in-terms of post purchase contact (Tick which is most important)

Follow up from the dealership

Follow up directly from the main company

Both, but predominantly the dealership

Both, but predominantly the main company

Where was the option for i have no interest in what some slimey git at the local dealership has to say, as my bike is old and they know fuck all about it?

• 3 weeks later...

I notice there's no option regarding secondhand bikes.

I usualy purchase bikes via fleabay/ free-ads or 'word of mouth', so the questionnaire is invalid for me.

I take the point about not knowing older bikes Yampug. A few years ago I owned an XS 650, I called a local Yamaha dealers about some con-rods for for the bike pointing out it was a American spec engine. The bloke at the end of the phone didn't have the foggiest what I was talking about :blink: .

You cannot expect them to be familiar with every single model to be fair. But it would be nice if most dealerships knew of any bike more then 10 years old :P .

Hi,

I am a student researcher working with a major motorcycle manufacturing company. I wanted your general opinion regarding preferences of a heavyweight motorcyclist (+ 651cc). There is not much research done on motorcyclists & their preferences. I am a motorcyclist myself, I chose this topic as generally companies apply the same approach to motorcyclists as they do to car owners, but, I beg to differ, but, I do need your opinions.

If you could please complete the questionnaire by clicking the link below, it won’t take more than 3-5 minutes of your time. Thank you.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=fGXX...VfVlh4VlA_3d_3d

If you have any questions, concerns or queries regarding the research please feel free to contact me at: [email protected] or [email protected]

Best Regards

Konain Saif

Sorry tried to fill it in but it looks more like a new car survey. Bikes are bought from the heart, they trigger emotive feelings and perform specific jobs for the owner.

All my bikes present and previous are as different as chalk and cheese. All bought at different times in my life for different reasons and all second hand.

I like your aims but it needs to be much bigger to cover the issue you are looking at.

You cant please all of the people all of the time......

Yeah i know, i just think it is a bit to narrow. When was the last time you heard of someone upgrading their motorcycle. We all buy our bikes for reasons that apply at the time could be with your heart or your head. Bloke i see at work is chuffed with his Duvall ( i know i know) I'm chuffed with the TDR i have got hold of. You can agree very different bikes but both bought for the same reason backache, we both needed the upright riding position but we prefer different soloutions.

I think all the new stuff has got a bit disposable TBH they look alike in their particular part of the sales plan and they all perform far above the capabilities of most of us as motorcyclists. And as for the dealers i wouldnt pi55 on most of em if they caught fire.

You only have to log on here to see how different we all are, but imagine how shitty it would be if we weren't.

Yeah i know, i just think it is a bit to narrow. When was the last time you heard of someone upgrading their motorcycle. We all buy our bikes for reasons that apply at the time could be with your heart or your head. Bloke i see at work is chuffed with his Duvall ( i know i know) I'm chuffed with the TDR i have got hold of. You can agree very different bikes but both bought for the same reason backache, we both needed the upright riding position but we prefer different soloutions.

I think all the new stuff has got a bit disposable TBH they look alike in their particular part of the sales plan and they all perform far above the capabilities of most of us as motorcyclists. And as for the dealers i wouldnt pi55 on most of em if they caught fire.

You only have to log on here to see how different we all are, but imagine how shitty it would be if we weren't.

Yeah i agree, but when you are trying to conduct research its not easy to ask the questions that EVERYONE can answer honey - i HATE doing research!!

Yeah i agree, but when you are trying to conduct research its not easy to ask the questions that EVERYONE can answer honey - i HATE doing research!!

The person that manages that will make a MINT. Probably don't want to be trapped in a lift with em tho....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online