Stolen 125

emdotdee
This post is 5324 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My 2005 Yamaha XT125X in red Reg, PO55 CUV was stolen from Hale Village (in between Widnes, Cheshire and Speke, Merseyside)

It was parked on the drive of my girlfriends sisters house, right underneath the living room window where I was sat. I was only at the house for under 3 hours and didn't hear a noise or see anything, there isn't even any cctv from the pub across the road.

Gutted.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear about ur bike mate....

I just joined this forum but till now i have already read of 3-4 posts for stolen bikes.... looks like a frequent activity in the UK... are the local authorities doing something about it?

authorities in britain are a waste of space when it comes to bike theft.

I didn't have it locked to anything because I knew I wasn't going to be there for long and because I've left it there before, sometimes overnight without any issues whatsoever.

Hopefully my insurance won't screw me over and I can put insurance money on a bigger bike that i've been looking at for a while.

My 2005 Yamaha XT125X in red Reg, PO55 CUV was stolen from Hale Village (in between Widnes, Cheshire and Speke, Merseyside)

It was parked on the drive of my girlfriends sisters house, right underneath the living room window where I was sat. I was only at the house for under 3 hours and didn't hear a noise or see anything, there isn't even any cctv from the pub across the road.

Gutted.

I didn't have it locked to anything because I knew I wasn't going to be there for long and because I've left it there before, sometimes overnight without any issues whatsoever.

sorry to hear your bike got nicked but from what you have said I suppose it was bound to happen. Trail bikes are a prime target for the 'yoofs' whoo would love to rag it around off road (and on the road too), you may get it back but I expect it will be damaged unless youre lucky. Im surprised to read that youre prepared to leave it overnight without locking it though!

ye same :s i live in a relatively quiet area but still have a xena disc lock and squire chain on the rear wheel of yzf125, even if its behind our security gates.

Hopefully all works out for you one way or another.

authorities in britain are a waste of space when it comes to bike theft.

the local constabulary (traffic police no less) stopped me to inform me i had a head light out, maybe he shouldnt of let me go so easily! just abit of police work and he would have figured i was banned from driving!

i leave me pitbull/bulldog (or boxer/lab if the vets ask) chained to my bike! cherry pick that ya pikey bastards!

.... looks like a frequent activity in the UK... are the local authorities doing something about it?

Yes, when they catch them, they send them on holiday.

Like OG, I'm suprised you left it unlocked as it were. Even if I just go into the shop I always lock the TTR up to something. only takes a minute and at least it stops the little gits from running off with it.

On the bigger (heavier) bikes the steering lock is OK for short periods. But if you are going to leave it there regulaly then someone will have already 'eyed' it up and will be looking for that opportunity to take it.

It's a crap state of affairs, but until they start chopping the hands of these twats it's a battle of making your bike harder to nick than the one next to you.

You'll get a phone call in a few months, from the police asking if you ever got the bike back.........

I got a call off the police saying that they've closed the case already because there where no other lines of enquiry.

Oh well, hopefully that means the insurance will come through for me quicker.

I've just put my name and deposit down for a new Triumph Street Triple in white. I might have to wait til October to get my hands on it though but it'll be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

Got a call off the police today, some scumbag was caught riding my bike in Toxteth, Liverpool (10 miles away) yesterday, he was riding it on the road and the police NPR (i think thats what it's called) caught the registration. He was arrested and apparently had only bought the bike the day before (isn't that what they all say?) for £150 and it looks like the thing is pretty battered. Ignition will be broke, flat rear tyre, broken brake lever, I'd bet it's probably missing all sorts of bodywork as well.

I've gotta wait for the insurance to pick it up and give it a look over. If the damage isn't bad then I'll probably do it up before part-exing but I kinda want it to be too far gone because it just won't feel the same now that some bastard has been fucking with it, grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway, i'm still trying to get a bit more money out of the insurance, gotta be hopefully, really want a street triple.

I'l report back when i get more info.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I know no one is replying/reading but I thought I would update again anyway :-)

I got the Garage that I am hoping to buy my new bike from to send the insurance company a valuation of my bike for a part exhchange. They said it would be worth £1500 so I hoped the insurance would be a bit more generous with a revised offer.

Today I received a letter from the insurance saying that they have got the bike and because of the damage it has been written off as a total loss but they've also decided to increase the offer for the bike up to £1500. So with 400 excess i'm getting £1100 which i'm pretty happy with really.

Pretty glad to have this over and done with, just need to get myself a new bike.

glad the little shit got caught!!

Unfortunately he will probably be given a smack on the wrist and told not to do it again (for the 100th time )

But glad you have got it sorted and brill choice of bigger bike too

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online