Exhaust advice

ReBorne
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys.

Just need a bit of advice..... got an FZ400 with a knackered exhaust. Obviously a replacement isn't easy to get hold of..... would I be able to fit a can from an FZ600? What problems would I come up against trying to fit one from say, a CBR400? (Apart from the obvious thing of the brackets being in a different place...)

While I know quite a bit about cars, and have done a lot of the mechanical side of the bike, I really don't know about this type of thing and boy do I feel stupid lol.

Cheers for any advice :-D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not sure about FZ600 can and CBR400 exhausts tbh compression difference and all that...have u tried looking for an aftermarket set? or looked on ebay..i have a predator stainless steel kit on my FZ600 1987 model so maybe u can get one for the FZ4...although you would be looking at spending a fair bit of moolar for new aftermarket jobby!! 375 for mine but it came with the bike.....(edit just found this ) http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__fzr400+exha...4=228459_228460

hope it helps!!

Cheers for the link Fahren - lol, I'd spent a bit of time looking on ebay without luck, and you just walk in and find something.... lol.

Ok, I've since found that as long as I'm up for *making* them fit, one from another type of 400 will be ok, and I should get away with a 600 one without any negative consequences. Looking at some of the prices (and the fact I am so skint you wouldn't believe it) that's probably an option I'm gonna go for......

Cheers again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online