Cluthless changes.

Joshua2
This post is 5356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

True. But roads, unlike race tracks roads are rarely perfect. There usually poor! Tyres, unless new and 'run in' aren't at their best. I have, on several occasions got my front tyre to break traction and squeel on DRY roads.

ATB

Ian

I have to say that i have gone for the avoid option rather than the stopping option. I never over ride my stopping distance tho.

I did a police observed ride, which is a very humbling experience as they ride extreemly quickly and cleanly and the advice and corrective infomation they give is superb. The main lesson from him was to ride with an escape route, read every situation like it can kill you and plan to avoid it if it happens.

It has saved me from serious accidents twice. It is something i do now regardles of if i'm on the bike in the car and at work in the truck.

Read the situations as you see them and be prepared react to what may be the stupidest thing someone can do.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But roads, unlike race tracks roads are rarely perfect. There usually poor! Tyres, unless new and 'run in' aren't at their best. I have, on several occasions got my front tyre to break traction and squeel on DRY roads.

ATB

Ian

you brake traction with a road, ha you wouldnt part with a fart .

I have to say that i have gone for the avoid option rather than the stopping option. I never over ride my stopping distance tho.

I did a police observed ride, which is a very humbling experience as they ride extreemly quickly and cleanly and the advice and corrective infomation they give is superb. The main lesson from him was to ride with an escape route, read every situation like it can kill you and plan to avoid it if it happens.

It has saved me from serious accidents twice. It is something i do now regardles of if i'm on the bike in the car and at work in the truck.

Read the situations as you see them and be prepared react to what may be the stupidest thing someone can do.

Oh so VERY true. I once did an advanced driving course in the car and boy, was THAT an eye opener. I consider myself to be an above average ability driver (dont we all ;) ) with 40 years of high mileage experience and no accidents but the instructor soon put me in my place. Contrary to popular belief they dont have you driving along at a snails pace doing hand signals at every junction. :rolleyes: You are told to make the most use of the available road, yes, that includes the other side IF ITS SAFE. They taught me to observe and prepare for dangers that I previously wouldn't have been aware of. I recommend anyone to attend one of these courses it really is a benefit to your driving/riding and therefore your safety and that of others.

ATB

J

you brake traction with a road, ha you wouldnt part with a fart .

Were as you would/do. :blink: You have been known to be more than generous in this department.

(He started it miss!)

ATB

J

Oh so VERY true. I once did an advanced driving course in the car and boy, was THAT an eye opener. I consider myself to be an above average ability driver (dont we all ;) ) with 40 years of high mileage experience and no accidents but the instructor soon put me in my place. Contrary to popular belief they dont have you driving along at a snails pace doing hand signals at every junction. :rolleyes: You are told to make the most use of the available road, yes, that includes the other side IF ITS SAFE. They taught me to observe and prepare for dangers that I previously wouldn't have been aware of. I recommend anyone to attend one of these courses it really is a benefit to your driving/riding and therefore your safety and that of others.

ATB

J

if as you say ,this advanced course is so good,why has it not replaced the driving test we currently have,?

if as you say ,this advanced course is so good,why has it not replaced the driving test we currently have,?

I would hazard a guess....and its only a guess mind....that it might be because everyone who does their driving test has had NO ROAD EXPERIENCE whatsoever - hence the advanced driving courses for when you have gained a little more experience....... :rolleyes:

Cos the driving test is checking you can go forewards, turn, and stop without falling off and read a few signs.

The advanced instruction is just that, teaching skills that are far above any DVLC rubbish. Also conversly they actually help you go considerably faster whilst being safer and slower (sic). But if you are not serious about riding to your/and other peoples limits its all a waste of time.

I took a bloke from work out on a ride at the weekend. He's had his licence about a year and he didn't know how to safely filter in town. He was sitiing in traffic like cars On a VTR1000??.

Once we had that sorted i gave him some help with his normal riding on faster stretches of road as his road and body position were all wrong. He was far happier with the bike after this, we did vanishing points and stuff. In the end he was traveling a lot quicker by average but doing it at a slower speed using his brakes far less and reading the road properly.

As his experience increaces his real speed will follow but under control as he is far more aware of his motorcycle.

3-4 hours and a Sunday breakfst ( we all have our price) transformed him.

The driving test is very basic. As far as the car test is concerned it just means that you are capable of driving solo.

ATB

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online