RXS100 K&N filter???

mepthom30
This post is 5226 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

I keep reading you can improve performance on a RXS100 by fitting a K&N air filter. I email them and they say they don't make one for the RXS100 - it obviously can be done tho... does anyone know which K&N filter to choose and how exactly you'd fit it as never done that before.... any help appreciated... :o

Mepthom_vroom_vroom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you talking about a pod type filter or one to go in the original airbox? I have fitted an EMGO pod filter on mine, if I remember it was a 42mm throat, but I needed to scavenge a bent intake pipe as the filter interfered with the frame. I am currently using the original airbox and some oiled filter foam for now as I am trying to find an expansion chamber and don't want to re-jet just for the filter change, and then again for the pipe.

• 4 weeks later...

wemoto do a generic k&n type filter for the rxs100.

problem fitting though . i cut my airbox in half , you need the rear part of the airbox to hold the battery. 2 mins with a hacksaw .

then you really need a 45 degree bend intake rubber to keep it out of the way of the frame . i got round this by mounting the new air filter rubber onto the standard intake rubber turning the rubber to get the filter clear of the frame . side panel goes straight back over the filter .

now looking for an expansion pipe

• 1 month later...

hy there I have a rxs i fitted a exspansion and it lost 5 mph and i have upjetted it :( i've heard you have to port the engine

If I may ask, where'd you get the pipe? Admittedly I haven't looked hard for one but if you have a source, I'd lvoe to know it. Porting the engine isn't the end of the world, there's a dirtbike shop not far from me that works on RDs and other two-smokers that could probably do a little something for me, but they want a fortune for a custom made chamber.

• 2 months later...

If I may ask, where'd you get the pipe? Admittedly I haven't looked hard for one but if you have a source, I'd lvoe to know it. Porting the engine isn't the end of the world, there's a dirtbike shop not far from me that works on RDs and other two-smokers that could probably do a little something for me, but they want a fortune for a custom made chamber.

hy there i went on ebay to get a exspansion there quite rare to get but go for about £100 im in the process of porting and getting a k&n filter for my bike ive upjetted it and it still only does 65 so hopefully the k&n and the porting will release a bit of the power

hy there i went on ebay to get a exspansion there quite rare to get but go for about £100 im in the process of porting and getting a k&n filter for my bike ive upjetted it and it still only does 65 so hopefully the k&n and the porting will release a bit of the power

Back in the day when these things were new they wern't particularly quick. Hard work to tune with no massive return and compared to the Suzuki 100 of the time the handling was crap, way too soft and bouncy. Strong bikes though. Micron made a pipe for them many moons back.

Everybody bought TZR's and RD's to go fast so pipes and such for em were rare even then. They were left as the strong lively enough A to B bike that it was.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online