dealer lied to me? what to do

daneff
This post is 5345 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. First post. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

2 weeks ago I purchased a lovely 2005 yamaha xvs650 from a dealer. It has 3,500 mileson it and apparentley 1 owner from new.

I just got the dvla registration document through the post today and it says the bike has had 4 previous owners.

Could this be a dvla mistake? Or did the dealer mis-sell the bike? Eitherway that affects the value or my bike? 4 owners is a lot more than 1, and kinda worrying since it has such low milage aswell. Only ridden it up n down road few rimes, seems all fine, got it booked in for m.o.t etc tomorow.

Not sure what to do really. Or what I'm asking for. Guess I'm just worried I paid more for a bike that's had a lot more history thani was told.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be a mistake.

Could be the Dealers are considered 'owners'.

So Importer, dealer, owner, dealer. Depends how it was registered. Some dealers do register it to them, others don't.

No MOT?

What price did you pay for it?

So long as the dealer did a proper PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) and nothing's wrong with the bike, you should be fine. Valuation is mostly done on mileage, age and condition of the bike.

You get the Classic or the Custom Drag?

Its 2005 dragstar custom. 3,500 miles, highway hawk slash cut pipes, immaculate condition.

The dealer had it for a good few months so put it on sale for £2999. M.o.t n tax had expired since they had it so I got it delivered to me with £50 off the price.

It was an incredible deal. Which is why knowing my luck it was too good to be true haha. Its got several service history stamps.

Was first registered 06/05. Says declared new on first registration. Previouse owner got it 10/08.

= \

- dealer said the only thing he can think of is the previous owner used a new log book. Dealer took that as the original owner. Guess it dosnt matter that much as the bike (so far) is great. Nowt much can do about it I guess!

YAYYYYYYY another Custom!!!!!!

Bloody good price, too!!

I'd say you got a good deal there.

Ride safe :)

thats what sales people do, :unsure: they lie through their teeth. :D:D:D

I just bought a brand new yzf-125r, it had 2 miles on the clock. Rode it 31 miles and when I got off found coolant from Rad to end of the tailpipe. Diagnosed the problem as the radiator cap was never tightened. Called the dealer who eventually took the bike back and refilled the system and fitted the cap.

I then took a call from the service department telling me there was a fault with the rad cap which caused the fluid loss. When I asked why the cap was lose i was told "The pressure in the system caused the cap to undo"

Not just sales men that lie. :angry:

I then took a call from the service department

yeh the sales person probably told them to say it. :unsure:

last time my dealer lied to me i ended up with a bag of flour and £10 out of pocket :unsure:

thats coz your a sucker foamy ,mi young chum. :P:P

sounds like a good price to me, we been looking at something similar for my father-in-law for his 50th bday tho he likes my YZF-R125 lol. End of the day he wont have a choice since he has no idea he's actually getting one, just thinks its pipe-dreams :P

and lol foamy

Is that how you got the name?

Dunno about that. Round here, Foamy was a euphemism for the result of a Hand Shandy :lol:

nah, Ttaskmaster, the DT is such a babemagnet there is no need for said hand shandy ;)

You mean they don't do it for you? :blink:

'spose you can't afford that much, eh!!

oh they do much more... but you see, most good things in large doses can be bad, so my overwhelming charm can sometimes be dangerous, so i usually stay quiet and let the DT bring in the babes ;)

that's my story, and im sticking to it!

Are they as imaginary as your charm, then? :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online