Newby

mykeee1880
This post is 5356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone - Just a quick note to introduce myself -

My name is Mike and I am a Scotsman living in Greece for the last 9 years or so (long Story)

I am just about to sit my bike test over here and am about to buy a Dragstar 650 in the next few days ( am in the final haggling stages now)

Sure I will have lots of questions for you all soon enough

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum mike. You'll find plenty of advice and help on here when you need it, and theres plenty of Draggy 650 owners (i recently upgraded mine to the 950)

Enjoy your stay ;)

Welcome to the forum mike. You'll find plenty of advice and help on here when you need it, and theres plenty of Draggy 650 owners (i recently upgraded mine to the 950)

Enjoy your stay ;)

thanks for the welcome goff - any hints about what to watch out for on buying a second hand 650 classic

thanks for the welcome goff - any hints about what to watch out for on buying a second hand 650 classic

All i would say is check the frame and swingarm for rust - although you will find that most used dragstars will have been very well looked after. Other than that its just follow the general rules when buying a used motorcycle - check forks, look for dings and scrapes etc etc etc.

The 650 is a great bike and you'll find very little wrong with them unless they have taken a serious beating.

The person to ask is Ttaskmaster - he has one and i reckon he'd marry the bloody thing if he could! :lol:

Will watch for all those things you mentioned but I am concerned about something I've been reading on the net about gearing probs http://www.allworldauto.com/comments/2000_...916-2000-1.html

Will have to try and get in touch with ttaskmaster to see if he has any thoughts - thanks again goff hope you enjoy the 950 the pics look sweet

Will watch for all those things you mentioned but I am concerned about something I've been reading on the net about gearing probs http://www.allworldauto.com/comments/2000_...916-2000-1.html

With all motorcycles your gonna get folk who have problems and issues, but speaking from experience, i never had any of those mentioned inthat link with mine. I had a 2003 model - sweet as a nut she was.

I always check my PMs first, so I've just seen this thread.

Welcome to the club, Mikey!!!

Get a copy of Bike Trader - The first few pages detail all the general bits to check when buying a 2nd hand bike.

The 650 is a great bike and you'll find very little wrong with them unless they have taken a serious beating.

Mine has taken a serious beating and is still blasting along as happy and solid as ever!!!!!

The person to ask is Ttaskmaster - he has one and i reckon he'd marry the bloody thing if he could! :lol:

Cheeky.....

Actually, I have something better - A woman who rides one!! :wub:

I have a 1999 Custom, Claire has a 2000 one. How cool is that, eh!!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online