A potential life-changing question

Goff
This post is 5346 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please scroll down slowly and give due consideration to each line.

THE SITUATION:

You are in England; York, to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing into the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury.

THE TEST:

Suddenly, you see a man in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... Somehow, the man looks familiar... You suddenly realize who it is... It's Gordon Brown! You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever. You have two options: You can save the life of Gordon Brown or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the country's most powerful men!

THE QUESTION:

Here's the question, and please give an honest answer...

Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

defiantely would have to go with a high f-stop. prolly atleast 8-10 and shutter speed of 1/2500th sec or faster so as to capture the moment without blur. also the danger of the water would look superb in stopped motion. the droplets of water caught hanging, etc, just really freezes the tragic moment. may need a fill flash though to chase shadows.

i would chose color, as B&W is an easy photoshop process and could be done pre-production if wanted.

also i would shoot in raw or at least tiff if it were digital. jpg wouldnt be crisp enough.

Classic simplicity.

Would that mean gordon brown is sure to drown! :blink:

Aye ........hes drowning in labours financial mire now ;)

black and white catches the look of inpending death much better! JMO . I hope this doesnt upset the photo purist.

Being an ex mariner you had me going there.

I'd already made my mind up on the first eight words of "THE TEST"

In the Navy!!!

you can touch you're fellow man!

In the Navy! :lol:

I think you getting mixed up with the gay village people of the US.

Being one of the UK's submariners in the "cold war" I find that quite insulting.

I think you getting mixed up with the gay village people of the US.

Being one of the UK's submariners in the "cold war" I find that quite insulting.

Lighten up......he's only having a giggle... :rolleyes: