1980 DT125

80dt125g
This post is 5360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have an 1980 DT125 that i have been restoring. took the carb out and cleaned it, new fuel cock, everything de-greased but keep coming up with the same problem. i use the choke out to start it and wait till it warms up and idles at about 2k and then when i put the choke in the bike dies. i can ride the bike with the choke out and it rides fine but once i put the choke in while riding and i slow down and downshift, the bike loses power and dies. anyone have any suggestions to try. thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The first thing i would check is take the carb off,remove the float bowl and remove the pilot jet with a small flat screwdriver and make sure it is not blocked. You should be just able to just see through it as it is only a small jet, if it is blocked try blowing through it using compressed air but DON'T be tempted to poke a piece of wire through it as you will open up the hole.Tony.

i have an 1980 DT125 that i have been restoring. took the carb out and cleaned it, new fuel cock, everything de-greased but keep coming up with the same problem. i use the choke out to start it and wait till it warms up and idles at about 2k and then when i put the choke in the bike dies. i can ride the bike with the choke out and it rides fine but once i put the choke in while riding and i slow down and downshift, the bike loses power and dies. anyone have any suggestions to try. thanks.

im not supprised lol its nerly 30 year old

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online