£3700 too much for the r125 09 plate??

Hamza Ali
This post is 4330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey ...

just wondering whether im being ripped off if im payin £3700 for a new 09 plate r125??? and thats from the showroom! does the price differ in different yamaha dealerships??

thnx :D

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikerevi...5-2008-current/

A jump from just under £3k to £3,700 is huge even though the pound has taken a battering. Personally I'd say there is a bit of profiteering going on here by the dealers, I'd ring around other suppliers outside your area and see what they quote u, Padgets in Dewsbury are renouned, not cheap but reputable. I spoke to Peterborough the other week and they said their sales this year are nothing like last year so dealers arent exactly over run with demand, there really is no excuse for this increase.

Just think of the depreciation a 2008 model is about £2,250 give or take demand and wait till winter when bikes are always cheaper !! Not only will the bike cost you less so will you insurance as its also based on the value, yes a new one is nice BUT really is it worth throwing away that sort of money - unless your running it through a business and able to write it off on depreciation.

Why not just get an older model and stick a private plate on it?

• 2 years later...

hi just to let you know i got my 2010 plate with 1600 on the clock first and second service stamp for £3200 ..