Dual Sport Bikes.....

Pete
This post is 7228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

....are the way to go you know.

I reckon we're going to see more and more people switching to them....except the shorties of course! :lol:

Mark my words, the big growth in industry sales is going to come from this sector.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you could be right pete, they certainly have alot of things going for them. insurance for a start! and the ability to have fun without too much danger to your licence. it's just never a option i've considered :? i'm very keen on the supermoto xt660 mind you so ya never know 8)

XT660X_04.jpg

When people get over their initial misconceptions and actually ride one, then they'll realise how much fun they actually are.

Considerably more enjoyable than trying to manhandle a 5cwt behemoth musclebike, or having to assume the "first day in prison" riding position of a sportsbike.

No good for shorties though...ideally you need to be at least 6ft.

I'm only 5'11" but I have very long legs for my height, so both feet comfortably reach the floor flat.

can they cope ok with motorway work and for long distance stuff though pete? wind blast will be a prob stuck up there i'd imagine...

something like your bike would be ideal around here, lots of little twistie roads where bottom/mid range is more important than top end grunt

As you can imagine they're not specifically built for motorway work....but it'll still cruise at 80 two up all day if you wanted to. Plus you can get aftermarket screens...Tym's got one on his KLR.

It's only fast A roads or motorways at high speed where they lose out.

Any other scenario and the dual sport is a far better proposition than a standard bike.

Blag a ride on one Alan, and you'll see what I mean.

I'd say my KLR is good to about a 1000miles out....

With a comfortable cruise speed of 75mph....

Did top 105 indicated on the speedometer last trip.

I do have good windprotection, and the option of a big windshield fir the wintermonths...

however, i want to go farther faster, and am saving up fir a Connie so i can go to the left coast and back in a weeks time....

For me the ideal garage will have a dual sport and a sport-tourer...

Half way derre

8)

Something I've noticed since I got the XT (and it's happened 3 times already), is when cops with a handheld Laser see you coming, they just lower the gun and don't even bother to try and get a reading. True! 8)

Something I've noticed since I got the XT (and it's happened 3 times already), is when cops with a handheld Laser see you coming, they just lower the gun and don't even bother to try and get a reading. True!  8)

I had a cop clocking me on my 50! What a trit, he should have been clocking the car that had gone past me two minutes earlier at about 80 :shock:

I suppose it may just be because I was on a bike but I was only doing 40

Same thing over herre with the cops, they ignore me, and i ignore them :lol:

Therre waiting fir the sportbikers, cops go back to the cop shop herre and brag what kinda chit they bagged, sportbikes and red sports cars with hot chicks are stoped the most often :wink:

Was watchin a cop show on tv, guy started chasin a dirt bike, the kid went over some RR tacks, so did the cop, the cop got stuck on the RR tracks :lol::lol:

You should have seen his face when a freight train appeared :lol:

His last quote fir the tv spot was priceless.

"You chase a dirtbike, and no good will come offit"

In the back ground a Wrecker was dragging the cop car off the tracks, much grinding and crunchin noises :lol::lol::lol:

If you want to be left alone by the police, even when riding a turbo charged, nitro fuelled ZXGSXR1Hayablade with all the trimmings, wear a Sam Brown. It has always worked for me.

Supermoto is the way to go, alot of my friends are selling theyre sports bike and buying em! We are all constantly paranoid about losing our liscences due to warp speed antics!

Carpark nuttiness, thats the future!

Once in awhile Kawa pops in to CW XT,

seems to have calmed down his textual self a bit :lol:

he got a FJR1300 so now i hate his guts, bastid :wink:

"You chase a dirtbike, and no good will come offit" 

In the back ground a Wrecker was dragging the cop car off the tracks, much grinding and crunchin noises

the police are such twats :lol::lol: 8)

Once in awhile Kawa pops in to CW XT,

seems to have calmed down his textual self a bit :lol:

he got a FJR1300 so now i hate his guts, bastid  :wink:

Still spending his money so he can belong then Tym? :lol:

i would consider killing fir a FJR1300 :idea:

That is my idea of the ultimate sport-tourer..

Since the Connie is half the price over herre,

thats the one i want :arrow: :!:

The cop was a twat,

cause based on the video you could tell he was flirtin with disaster trying to clear the tracks :roll:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online