Nurburgring, Nordschliefe

wayno
This post is 5383 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd post a pic of me on the FZR at the Nurburgring last week. Anyone thinking of doing it, do it, it's awesome. I was being a pansy and letting them through :(

13-07-2009-TF167.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

always fancied that, but I'd need a bigger bike as I think the xs400 would complain too much LOL

I went there just after the motogp at assen, payed for my ticket and then bikes were told it was too dangerous to go on.

I was not happy, but sort of relived as during the 2 hour slot the track was open it was only open 20 mins, because of cars hitting bikes!!

Does make me smile, a track that was deemed too dangerous for profesional riders to race on, is open to the public.

The PC wannabee's are forever trying to stop the TT cos its dangerous but the demolition derby that is the nordishlef (?) is fine, euro double bloody standards.

always fancied that, but I'd need a bigger bike as I think the xs400 would complain too much LOL

It's not about the speed of the bike, there are the mile or so long straight is closed off during public sessions. You need a good set of mirrors though as you are constantly checking them into corners to make sure you don't turn in on someone.

I went there just after the motogp at assen, payed for my ticket and then bikes were told it was too dangerous to go on.

I was not happy, but sort of relived as during the 2 hour slot the track was open it was only open 20 mins, because of cars hitting bikes!!

You do need to constantly watch your mirrors, unless you're blisteringly fast (then you still need to check them as cars carry so much more corner speed). A brilliant time though

Does make me smile, a track that was deemed too dangerous for profesional riders to race on, is open to the public.

The PC wannabee's are forever trying to stop the TT cos its dangerous but the demolition derby that is the nordishlef (?) is fine, euro double bloody standards.

It's a really nice track, it's more roomy than it looks.

The reason they don't race is that there's no run off, so 1 mistake and it's armco barrier time. I think you'd be mad to ride there 100% commited into the corners, I took it real slow (slower than road pace) just because of the shear volume of cars/bikes on there, you need to spend as much time looking in your mirrors as you do on the track ahead (it's pretty tiring :))

Could you imagine the uproar the PC knobbers would make if they tried to turn, say, the cat and fiddle run into a one way unlimited toll road for thrashing up, there'd be complaints every second

I go to the ring a lot (got a bit of an addiction to it :lol: ) with my car but have never ridden it (never want to either). Generally the reason for closures is due to fluid spills. Alot of the regulars with DRTs (Dedicated Ring Toys) just run water in the cooling system so if they get a leak then it won't compromise a bikers safety as much. Antifreeze on the track is lethal. Most track closures are due to bikes going down and a good proportion of the time the accident can be attributed to a fluid spill.

I go to the ring a lot (got a bit of an addiction to it :lol: ) with my car but have never ridden it (never want to either). Generally the reason for closures is due to fluid spills. Alot of the regulars with DRTs (Dedicated Ring Toys) just run water in the cooling system so if they get a leak then it won't compromise a bikers safety as much. Antifreeze on the track is lethal. Most track closures are due to bikes going down and a good proportion of the time the accident can be attributed to a fluid spill.

We were at the ring for an hour or so and as far as I know there was only one accident, and that was a tour guide who went in too hot on cold tyres into an early bend and low sided it.

I was very concerned before we arrived about fluid spills but the track had been closed for private testing by Mercedes and we were in the first surge to go out so the track was dry as a bone.

I must of been at a bad day at the track then, i do beleive a spill from a vw was the cause of why it was too dangerous for bikes.

I really want to go again jus to say i've been round it. I have to say though what an amazing ride up there much better than the roads of norfolk lol

I must of been at a bad day at the track then, i do beleive a spill from a vw was the cause of why it was too dangerous for bikes.

I really want to go again jus to say i've been round it. I have to say though what an amazing ride up there much better than the roads of norfolk lol

I think we were lucky, the track was closed most of the day for testing and we went out pretty early in the session so there wasn't much time for spills.

I would agree about the roads, fan-bloody-tastic, so of the roads are as good as the track :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online