Who Insures you?

dt250Man
This post is 5351 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm thinking about getting a bike more than likely and R6, but i was looking around for insurance rates and the lowest I could find was around $1100 a MONTH! is it just me or is that insane? I mean i know i'm a 20 year old single guy, but i've taken drivers safety classes for cars and bikes and never been in an accident. So my question is who are you guys insured with and what are your rates?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm thinking about getting a bike more than likely and R6, but i was looking around for insurance rates and the lowest I could find was around $1100 a MONTH! is it just me or is that insane? I mean i know i'm a 20 year old single guy, but i've taken drivers safety classes for cars and bikes and never been in an accident. So my question is who are you guys insured with and what are your rates?

Bloody Hell! Over here you cant ride an R6 until your 21 anyway, so wont be able to compare directly. But I'm 22 (single guy like you) riding a FZ6 Fazer S2. My first years insurance was £700 fully comp and this years is going to be £400 fully comp. (Annual rates)

WOW! Ive just got a quote for a R6 to compare and its only £600 a year fully comp, hmmm maybe time for a new bike!

279 great British pounds for the year fully comp 0 years no clams bonus 1996 thundercat (YZF 600r) 25 years old passed my full test in April. Think its called dial direct, the company that is.

nea luck on your price!!

Do you have price comparrison website there?

If you do then it might be worth shopping about a bit but the price you have been quoted is well over the top in my opinion. We have Go Compare and Compare the market sites and quotes can vary alarmingly.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Do you have price comparrison website there?

If you do then it might be worth shopping about a bit but the price you have been quoted is well over the top in my opinion. We have Go Compare and Compare the market sites and quotes can vary alarmingly.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Ahhhh getting old has at least one benefit, £88 for my 600 fully comp.

granted that im riding an older bike. a 74 dt 175 to be exact, but im paying 275 per year for basic liability thru L.A. insurance. :D

i live in las vegas, if you want more info, pm me.

$118 of my $185 annual liability insurance on my xj900rk (83 yamaha 900 seca) goes to catastrophic medical coverage here in michigan...

i only paid about $25 a month in oklahoma on my xj550h, 91-93 (26-27yr old single with MSF basic and ERC, along with my cy endorsement)

this is through State Farm Mutual (you have to have their 'regular' insurance for 3yrs with no incidents before you can get their preferential rates in the mutual company...

Progressive, GEICO and a couple of other motorcycle insurance companies couldnt match State Farm...

£93.75 Fully comp Hastings Direct with helmet and leathers cover up to the value of £450 this is for a B6. Good price cause im old :angry:

Its always worth having a look on the insurance comaprison sites. Theres loads of them. The should be a comparison comparison site.

I use EBike insurnace.

ATB

Ian :lol:

I was 500 quid a year TPF&T on my 2008 R6 at 23yrs old, now upto 970 quid a year TPF&T on the R1 at 24yrs old until i get my years NCB in August, i like cheaper renewal times.

As a 20 year old getting an R6 your going to pay a LOT no matter what. At my advanced age of 51 I am paying about $100 a year for basic liability (not much point to full coverage on a pair of almost 30 year old bikes (yes, my bikes are older than you)), but I know if I got an R6 I would pay way less than you having over 30 years of riding experience, and a bit more driving. Your best bet is to start out with something around 250 cc for a couple of years to get the experience under your belt. However, typically on this side of the pond rates don't go down for young male drivers till their 26th birthday.

Best quote I had was £84 TPFT from Tesco on my '95 Foxeye. 1 year no claims but Ive had my license over 10 years. Plus I think being the owner of 1 car. a named driver on another, and about to turn 29 years old helps a lot too.

Im 23 (just turning), married, provisional license (plus CBT) with a years no claims, riding a Yamaha YZF-R125 and mine is £205 for the year fully comp.

my first year was £135 but that was a £700 Sukida :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about twice your age, so I guess my rates will be less than yours...but your quote sounds pretty unreasonable. I insure my bikes with Markel...costs me less than 200 USD per year. If you're still shopping, check out their website for a quote.

The cheapest i got was £65 TPFT basic cover so went with Hastings at £75 tpft with helmet and leather cover...thats for a 42 year old on a FZ600.....was gonna get a ZX9R cheapest quote was £273 Tpft but figured as i aint ridden a bike in 20 years id take it easy on something smaller...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online