1974 DT electric problem

RogerD
This post is 5392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a '74 Dt360A which was restored last year. Suddenly, the turn signals and tailight stopped working. Any suggestions?

Check continuity of the ground connections to the battery negative (the outer shell of the bulb holders?)

I have a '74 Dt360A which was restored last year. Suddenly, the turn signals and tailight stopped working. Any suggestions?

Main fuse at the battery?

When you say tail light are you including the brake light as well.

Check continuity of the ground connections to the battery negative (the outer shell of the bulb holders?)

Thanks - I'll give it a try. Never had a problem since the restoration last year....

Main fuse at the battery?

When you say tail light are you including the brake light as well.

Yes, neither one works. They stopped suddenly. Battery is new. Lighting coil works fine for the headlight.

Is there a fuse in the battery line?

There are very few fuses on the DT's but yes there should be a main battery fuse, they are generally part of the battery lead/connection.

Its just that is the first place i would look, you have lost ALL of the battery fed items. I would bet the horn doesent work either. The only easy connection between all of these is the battery and its associated connections.

Failing that you will be looking inside the headlight with a multimeter.

There are very few fuses on the DT's but yes there should be a main battery fuse, they are generally part of the battery lead/connection.

Its just that is the first place i would look, you have lost ALL of the battery fed items. I would bet the horn doesent work either. The only easy connection between all of these is the battery and its associated connections.

Failing that you will be looking inside the headlight with a multimeter.

Thanks or the help. You are correct, the horn doesn't work either. It must be a faulty ground or fuse-link. The way the lights/horn stopped working so suddenly.....

Roger

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online