XT 125 speedo

Brian F
This post is 5370 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a Yamaha Xt 125 supermoto (small wheels) and it only does 54mph top speed and the speedo is set up for enduro but needs to be on supermoto but cannot find out how to change it to supermoto does anyone know how to chage it??

Brian

Thanx

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a Yamaha Xt 125 supermoto (small wheels) and it only does 54mph top speed and the speedo is set up for enduro but needs to be on supermoto but cannot find out how to change it to supermoto does anyone know how to chage it??

Brian

Thanx

Hi Brian

if you are getting 54 mph out of an XT125 you are doing well ! but on the good side it does poo loads to the gallon

Regards Jim

i heard it could do 67 mph??

it has the small wheels and is set to enduro which i think is wrong and should be set to supermoto is this right?

Hi Brian,

the speed i refer to was for the xt125 of the mid to late 80's . I guess a newer one may have had a higher performance motor in but after looking at this http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/product...tcm%3A26-254643 your XT125X is going to be chalenged a bit it appears to have the same engine as the XT125R and the YBR 125 but as you say on smaller wheels (which wont help the top end, unless the final drive sprockets have been altered) but in saying that I found this http://www.reviewcentre.com/review331073.html which sort of indicates your bike is par for the course.

Regards Jim

disconnect the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect it,it flashes enduro or supermoto switch the ignition when it is on the correct setting and it will save as that. mine now does 70mph

disconnect the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect it,it flashes enduro or supermoto switch the ignition when it is on the correct setting and it will save as that. mine now does 70mph

cheers mate i tried it but nothing cam up on the screen to do with enduro or supermoto

you need to disconnect it for a while.

i tried to start my bike the other day and when i pressed the starter switch it just buzzed so i kick started it and it was fine.I went for a long ride and when i got home i switched the engine off and tried to start it again and it just buzzed again showing nothng on the battery level on the screen.I put a multimeter on the battery with the engine off and it red 10 volts when u switch the ignition on it drops to 8 volts and when you press the starter switch it drops to about 4 volts when it's running it shows 15 volts even with the lights on and the battery level on the dash shows full but when you switch it off it wont start again. I tried to kick start it and it took ages to start the screen goes off as theres not enough voltage and it very difficult to start is it the battery as i dont want to buy one if it's something else.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online