UK dealers

ltdave
This post is 5399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

greetings to all...

this is what im looking for:

a need a dealer name and or addresses for dealers in the UK. i have a terrible yearning for an XJR1300 and as we all know they arent sold here in the states...

WHY, i dont know. what i DO know is that ive got a friend in the shipping business and ive got contacts and info for bringing one in. what i DONT know is any dealers where i might get a price...

i checked on the price in Denmark (my wife is Danish and we go there semi-regularly) and got a price of 129,998.00DKK which converts to just shy of $25,000. im not paying that for a standard, no way no how...

if i had a dealer i could get some pricing in a less taxing country. Denmark generally tacks on 100% in sales taxes to all motor vehicles so i assume they run about $12k but dont have anything concrete...

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

greetings to all...

this is what im looking for:

a need a dealer name and or addresses for dealers in the UK. i have a terrible yearning for an XJR1300 and as we all know they arent sold here in the states...

WHY, i dont know. what i DO know is that ive got a friend in the shipping business and ive got contacts and info for bringing one in. what i DONT know is any dealers where i might get a price...

i checked on the price in Denmark (my wife is Danish and we go there semi-regularly) and got a price of 129,998.00DKK which converts to just shy of $25,000. im not paying that for a standard, no way no how...

if i had a dealer i could get some pricing in a less taxing country. Denmark generally tacks on 100% in sales taxes to all motor vehicles so i assume they run about $12k but dont have anything concrete...

thanks

i have just passed my CBT and my dad said he would buy me a yzf r125 but am now thinking about buying a honda cbr125. UK dealers seem to suck and we have been reading about a problem on here from rayne called are they takin the mick.

you might wanna read that b4 you order anything from a yamaha dealer in the UK or even buying a yam at all

a need a dealer name and or addresses for dealers in the UK.

Dave, these guys are good to deal with, honest and straight, I've had four bikes off them the most recent being a XJR1300.

Laurence is the main man, on this number :+441228 596826

or they have a website: http://www.jandlmotorcycles.co.uk/

You might have better luck with our independent dealers.

Both the local Yammie ones I've spoken to have been c**ts, along with the Kawasaki one, too!!

You might have better luck with our independent dealers.

Both the local Yammie ones I've spoken to have been c**ts, along with the Kawasaki one, too!!

my dad has been a biker 4 donkeys years and now he is verry pissed off with yamaha

hes a member of a biker club and a lot of them seem to be goin towards honda now

what has happened to yam?

he wuz gonna spend £3700 on a brand new r125 for me but because of all the crap goin on about them he says i have to have a honda cbr 125

gutted :icon_mad:

a lot of them seem to be goin towards honda now

what has happened to yam?

Nothing, that's what happens when you get old, you start to look at Honda, reliable, good build quality (although that's slipping now), no soul......... ( I know I've ridden most of them )

Bizzare how you come on to the Yamaha'a Owners Club Forum and do nothing but slag off Yamaha's.......

ltdave is after some information on dealers and how to contact them, so that he can purchase a bike, if you have some real input to this then put it up, but filling the thread with general, denigrating, unsubstantiated comments isn't helping.

I thought the little Honda was a great looking bike...until Yamaha brought theirs out, I know which one I would want. All this stuff about dealers!!! when i started out all I could afford was second hand and no help from dad, was well chuffed with my bikes though and fixed and serviced them myself. ;)

Bizzare how you come on to the Yamaha'a Owners Club Forum and do nothing but slag off Yamaha's.......

Not slagging off Yamhas - Just the tossers who buy their dealership franchises.

Last one tried to rip me off something chronic - I went in there asking about buying a brand new bike (two of them, actually). Instead, he 'sized me up' and tried to offer me shite money on a PX for a £600 clapped out, fucked up Diversion he'd clearly had sitting around for too long. WTF???!!!

I told him to jog on and took my large wad of cash far away from the stupid twat.

ltdave is after some information on dealers and how to contact them, so that he can purchase a bike,

He didn't ask specifically for Yamaha dealers and in my experience, our local independents are better than the local Yam ones.

In actual fact, with the exception of two Honda and one Yam places, most branded dealerships I find to be very obtuse and unhelpful. Kawasaki are awful - I asked about one of their bikes and he just said, "It's over there"..... while actually waving in the general direction of the helmet stand.

The only Yam ones I've found to be very helpful are Pro-Bike in Newbury.

are they takin the mick.

ya know, i just havent got a clue as to what youre trying to say. lol

what i want is an XJR1300. can you get one at an 'independant' dealer? i would think that only a franchisee would sell new bikes. maybe i didnt express clearly that i wanted a new bike and not a used one...

im going to check out the guy posted in one of the replies. thanks

what i want is an XJR1300. can you get one at an 'independant' dealer? i would think that only a franchisee would sell new bikes. maybe i didnt express clearly that i wanted a new bike and not a used one...

If you want brand spanking new then yes you'll need a dealer. I think at the heart of the problem, here in the UK is that there are large dealers (and some smaler ones), with employees, and you don't laways get real bikers. They don't care much (it's only a job) and it shows in the attitudes. Our local Triumph dealer has a real lack of people skils, I've never really liked him - so I've never bought a bike. People buy from people, if you get a bad one then it taints the relashionship.

im going to check out the guy posted in one of the replies. thanks

J&L is run by it's owners, Laurence (the 'L) is the man to speak to (J- runs the Kawasaki side). I know people that don't like them, I've never had any reason to complain with either sales, aftersales parts or accessories.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online