Where do you get the metal panniers

johnny3378
This post is 5401 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I have just purchased a ybr 125 and saw a sie with the best lookinh panniers for it. Can anyone enlighten me as to where to get these metal panniers for my yamaha ybr 125

this is the site with the pic its the 2005 ybr 2nd pic

http://www.re-moto.com/the_motorcycles.php?lang=eng

them particular ones were custom fabricated, but there are options available - but a bit too expensive!!

you caught me at the right time, as im going on my first tour on saturday, ive got 1 day to fabricate a pair of panniers.. look out for my post when im done! ;) (knowing my projects, id just recommend a pair of "givi monokey" cases - try busters/m&p for the racks)

and must say, ybr125, perfect 1st bike!!

I suspect you are looking at a custom made rack, but the panniers themselves are available in lots of sizes, shapes and costs!

Try:

www.touratech.co.uk

www.metalmule.com

http://www.motorradalukoffer.de/index.php?Online_Shop

http://www.offtheroad.de/

Your best bet really is to get hold of the Touratech 'loop' and get someone to fabricate up a mounting that will fix to your bike, also purchase the fixing kits, then buy the panniers from motoradlukoffer. Even so it's still going to cost you the best part of £350.

The whole overlanding luggage thing it becoming more popular and available, but to be honest most overlanders (like the photo of the YBR) are probably custom jobs to keep the overall cost down.

A full setup from the likes of Metal Mule will set you back in excess of £1100.......

Touratech have a truly awfull delivery record, if they quote 3-4 weeks expect 5-6...

Off The Road don't have a good reputation either, I heared stories of 3-4 months!

Metal Mule are a UK opperation, delivery is usually good and the kit is top quality, but the price is high

Hope this helps

if you are handy or have a friend who is you can make your own, a site i am a member of horizons unlimited have plenty of information on all aspects of bike travel and there is plenty of information on panniers.when you get on the site click on alex pezzi,s documenting the build

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tripplan/bike/panniers

hope this helps. ;)

HUBB!

I knew I'd seen some self build ones, but for the life of my couldn't sodding well remember where. I know a couple of guys who did this, the savings weren't that great give the cost og the materials, but they did make some great panniers that fitted the bike very well indeed (DR350's I think they were).

If you are technicaly inclined, then with some imagination you can produce your own panniers with a bit of scavaging.

thanks darren for your tip on eurostar ie £22 return at least thats the end of my seasick ferry trips,went over to a funeral in germany 35 minutes on eurostar great service, only a two day trip but going later in the year will use again.

Hi I have just purchased a ybr 125 and saw a sie with the best lookinh panniers for it. Can anyone enlighten me as to where to get these metal panniers for my yamaha ybr 125

£7.95 a side

ammo.jpg

heres a few pics of my build, for inspiration.. the pipe runs from the pillion footpegs - the rear rack was removed, and the pipe runs thru the hole left on either side of the seat.. mouted on where the footpegs were, and the top end mounted where the rear rack was mounted.. it needed a little squashing to get under the seat tho, but fairly strong..

6291_212708725561_729425561_7587810_7029045_n.jpg

n729425561_7587809_5747695.jpg

this is the back of the cases:

6291_212714390561_729425561_7587988_3252718_n.jpg

6291_212714420561_729425561_7587989_8336467_n.jpg

the back of the cases - i have riveted an 'n' shaped bracked (or upside down 'u' shape), and this fits into the pillion grabrail.. theyre spaced out as wide apart as they can be, yet still get onto the grabrail - so its a snug fit..

in between the brackets, down low, you will see a hole, this hole lines up with a hole on the chrome pipe, bolt from the outside, and a wing-nut on the inside, removing is fairly easy, but sometimes awkward as the contents need to be removed first.. ive just kept them stuck on, been just about fine going thru traffic! its shorter than the mirror-to-mirror distance!! only 8 litres each, but works well for me - without adding on too much weight, and maintaining the ability to filter thru the london traffic!! ;)

hope this helps somebody :mellow:

and if anybody happens to be in/around east london, gimmie a shout if you'd like to see them in person! ;)

Ive decided to use vanity cases, from fleebay! theyre not too tough, but good enough for my tour, which i just got back from yesterday!! pics of my tour over on facebook! (clicky)