strange noise form low down torque

2enjoi2
This post is 5416 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this issue is regarding a xj600s 1996.

i have a strange clunking noise when i pull away and in second gear. thought it might be the chain slipping. so i lifted the back end and tried to spin the back wheel to find a broken tooth. but the wheel doesnt spin freely and makes a clunking noise as i role it round manually.

i checked to see if the brake pad is touching the disc and one side is and the other is 1mm off. not sure if this is normal.

i have no idea what the issue is and dont fancy getting ripped off for something that i could do myself.

any ideas welcome.

cheers

david

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

this issue is regarding a xj600s 1996.

i have a strange clunking noise when i pull away and in second gear. thought it might be the chain slipping. so i lifted the back end and tried to spin the back wheel to find a broken tooth. but the wheel doesnt spin freely and makes a clunking noise as i role it round manually.

i checked to see if the brake pad is touching the disc and one side is and the other is 1mm off. not sure if this is normal.

i have no idea what the issue is and dont fancy getting ripped off for something that i could do myself.

any ideas welcome.

cheers

david

sounds very much like a stiff/siezed chain link, better to replace it if in doubt, £70.

get the wheel off and check the large bearing in the sprocket carrier, check the drive sprocket while your at it

hope this helps :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online