hammer attack on my Genesis.

macthenoo
This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

my bike got attacked on thursday night and as a result now has a nice big bash in the tank. Its got a crease in it so blowing it wont help. I have bought a second hand tank from E-bay but it is not guarantee'd fuel tight.

My question is...

If i cut the bottom out of the replacement tank around the seam, do you think the top part will sit over the top of the original one? I am thinking of bonding it on and just painting it to match. Can anyone see any problems with this?..ie. will the filler hole of the replacement sit inside the original?

Many thanks,

Mac.

ps,

looking for a cheap set of dominator headlights to replace my broken ones.

cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pressure test it like OG said. If there is a leak use Pro Seal or Granville Petro Patch. You can also get a solution to coat the inside of the tank. A lot safer then cutting or welding something with petrol fumes in !!!!

If you use one of these it is better to strip the paint off the tank and prepare it for paint before you use them as stuff like Nitromores will melt most things.

Search "petrol tank repair" in hbay

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online