yamaha dragstar xvs 125

Hdegan
This post is 5423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i drive a yamaha xvs125, does anyone know if the footbrake can be adjusted or extended in any way as it is pretty much impossible to drive with my foot resting near the brake. my only concern here is when i have to emergency stop i find myself using the front brake more than i would like

also i find it maxxes out at 60mph in 4th then drops to 55mph in 5th is this normal? dont get me wrong,if i wanted to go faster i would get a faster bike but i just want to make sure my bike is driving the best it should be

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

i drive a yamaha xvs125, does anyone know if the footbrake can be adjusted or extended in any way as it is pretty much impossible to drive with my foot resting near the brake. my only concern here is when i have to emergency stop i find myself using the front brake more than i would like

also i find it maxxes out at 60mph in 4th then drops to 55mph in 5th is this normal? dont get me wrong,if i wanted to go faster i would get a faster bike but i just want to make sure my bike is driving the best it should be

The foot brake adjustment instructions are in the owners manaul, but I suspect that you mean you want the brake pedal to be further away from the footrest. Is that the case? If it is, then I reckon measuring how much you want to move it by, taking the pedal off and getting a decent welder to splice in an intermediate section may do the trick. Trouble is, the further you move the pedal away from its pivot point, the further the pedal has to travel before braking is applied, and bear in mind the increased leverage due to the bracket being longer I don't think there's enough room to to move the mounting bracket forward by drilling a fresh fixing hole in it.

You must have big feet :D

Joining the top speed debate, I had my XVS125 easily at 65 with room to spare but bottled as it was pulling my arms out of the sockets. I don't know why anyone would wish to thrash a smashin liitle bike that'll cruise forever at 50-55 with style

Properly tuned XVS 125 tops out at 74-ish mph, so long as you ride it properly.

Check my other posts for instructions.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online