Hello .I'm new here and here's a question.......

Rattlesnake Bob
This post is 5420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all on here....

I'm Bob and I'm new here..............

Anyways............been riding bikes since I was 8-ish and am now 48 -ish so..........a long time.....

Had gawd knows how many bikes over the years.....first 'on the road and legal' bike being a Gilera 50 Trial at 16 back in '77.............then a TS 250 Suzuki at 17........always Moto Xed (or Scrambled as it was known as in my youth!) on and off over the years breaking far too many bones on the way.was never really any good at it.just liked having the crack I suppose........eventually winding up aquiring a very rough old SE750 (what later evolved into the Virago basically) which I more or less completely rebuilt .........then bought my XJR1300 new in 2002 .........still got her and still love it.....

.....slightly customised her over the years............nothing radical..more like 'making her my own' rather than 'custominsing'...........just a few tuning mods and a hot exhaust pipe and a few other bits like handlebars and headlights , change the seat etc....

......still do a bit of Enduro-ing on my WR when the pain in my absolutely knackered knees allows it....

.....SO!!!

..........Thats me then !

Now onto my question ...

I'm currently rebuilding a 1976 XS650 and want some 'over' forks or fork tubes for her..........

.........a few companies I've found on the Web do the 35mm diameter tubes at 100mm over standard for the later XSs but none seem to do the 34mm diameter ones for mine.................

Any ideas out there???????????

I haven't finished searching myself yet by any means but I wondered if someone on here could maybe give me a hint to a shortcut ????????

Anyways Cheers to all and glad to be aboard ! Bob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now onto my question ... A Gillera ???????? Garelli used to pass em in3rd :D "Welcome"

! Bob

INTRO"

Pay no attention to that Drewpy

Coz we all kno that he is loopy

his comments always in exess

runs a sluggish 400 XS

Thers a cyclist on here trying to get fit

goes by the name of the " Old Git"

in younger years was a sea cadet

running around on his little Mobylette

Their is a yung guy full of balony

known better as the wild foamy

told him to buy a Kh Kawa

ended up buying a clapped oot Jawa

Thers a mod on here by the name of Merv

runs his truck on red coloured D.E.R,V.

Then thers a mod by the name of Goff

Foamy tried her on and got the F" off

Old git wud maybe like the whipper

he"d better stick to his pipe & slippers

copyrite bh250. 2009

born 11.06.1979 not 1959 as stated. :unsure:

:D

copyrite bh250. 2009

copyright...copyshite :lol:

:welcome: bob, if you also look in xs400 as these have the same 34mm tubes.

I'm sure that a german ebay member has them

found some here

:offtopic:

Oh yeah!!!

HI THERE / AM 48 EX BIKER FROM THE 70s. liv in angus DD8; USED TO ATTEND ALL MOTO X GP"s IN THE GRAHAM NOYCE ERRA; I WAS PART O" PIT CREW FOR WILLIE SIMPSON[ HUSQAVARNA ] .SO GONA B BACK ON THE RD THIS SUMMER/ GONA ATTENT SOME RALLYS&MOTO X MEETINGS; GREAT FORUM THIS YAM OWNERS FROM ALL OVER WORLD. :o VERY INTERESTING VEIWS SPECIALLY THE HARLEY POST. :rolleyes:

:lol:

:offtopic:

Oh yeah!!!

:lol:

Haaaaaaaaa ... u old post trawler :lol: my cover is blown :( --- :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online