MT-03 Top Speed

DYT
This post is 5401 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought an MT-03 and am just breaking it in at the moment. This might sound a bit impatient but I'm a bit concerned about it's top speed capability. I'm not going above 4500 revs but in 5th gear it only seems to reach 60mph. I'm not sure whether bikes get faster over time and after it's first 1000 it will pick up? I just can't see where the rest is going to come from and wondered if anyone has had the same experience. Apart from this the bike is great. Lots of fun and to be honest I'm in London so don't to go much above 4th gear anyway (and that's if I'm lucky).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just bought an MT-03 and am just breaking it in at the moment. This might sound a bit impatient but I'm a bit concerned about it's top speed capability. I'm not going above 4500 revs but in 5th gear it only seems to reach 60mph. I'm not sure whether bikes get faster over time and after it's first 1000 it will pick up? I just can't see where the rest is going to come from and wondered if anyone has had the same experience. Apart from this the bike is great. Lots of fun and to be honest I'm in London so don't to go much above 4th gear anyway (and that's if I'm lucky).

i get 70mph in 4th at 6000rpm and tops out at 103mph in 5th lying down on the tank lol

0-60mph is fast thogh lol 4seconds

im prety disapointed with it to be honest but you have the new one which is more powerfull buy 4bhp

B) If it's speed your after you should have bought an R1 or FZ1,the MT03 isn't for top end riding,it's for cruising round the streets at a speed where people can see your bike and say"Not seen one of those before,wonder what bike that is",and thats why all MT riders ride with a permanent smile

I still fancy one of these, because of their looks and how well they'd do in and around town and probably on the twisties. From what I can gather, if speed isn't what floats your boat, then something like this might.

its actuly prety crap in town due to it been un smooth because its a single but its amazingly fast round corners R6's eat your heart out lol and you can get your knee down

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online