Does anyone know what kind of bike this is

motoxjosh
This post is 5311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes, its a yamaha chappy sold in droves in the usa available in 50 and 80cc versions about in the 70s and early 80s,also known as an Lb50 and Lb80

thanks do you no if its the 80 cc and the year it goes about 45 mph so im thinking its the 80cc

as per the other replie it should show up on the barrel or info from the model number on the frame it wont show 79cc as they were in fact 72cc.

next month in the july issue of classic motorcycle mechanics magazine it will be showing the restoration of a yamaha chappy,this months june shows one bought off e bay. so for a couple of dollars a month you should get plenty of tips good luck with your project.

thanks guys im not looking to restore it i just wanna get rid of it i dont have the money or time for that kind of project that thing has been sitting on the side of my house for a few years now me and my bro used to ride it around town until the damn chain link broke. how much you think i can get for it? btw i checked and it is a 72 cc automatic with the high and low gear

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you send me your email address I will send you a PDF-partslist from that Chappy. I own one myself. It is up for restoration....

chappy1.jpgchappy2.jpg

Next summer this baby will be on my caravan for the holidays.

Greetings,

Pico

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online