XJ600 or Diversion

infidel
This post is 5432 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The immediately obvious differences are the styling and the brakes.

The styling looks more modern on the Diversion, with a trapezoidal headlight rather than the square light of the XJ6. The styling of the XJ6 is very '80s and the Duversion very '90s.

As for the brakes, the front brake on a UK spec Diversion is a single disc and the XJ600 a twin disc setup.

An XJ600 is here:-

XJ600 Pic

And a Diversion is here:-

Div Pic

Alex.

I've just bought a 1992 XJ600, which might, or might not, be a Diversion. Does anyone know what the difference is, please, or are they the same?

If it's any help this is my 2000(w reg) divvy, notice there is a gusset seperating the fuel tank and the rear panel housing the grab handles, and also the front twin brake discs.(not obvious in the photo)

280805-02.jpg

The immediately obvious differences are the styling and the brakes.

The styling looks more modern on the Diversion, with a trapezoidal headlight rather than the square light of the XJ6. The styling of the XJ6 is very '80s and the Duversion very '90s.

As for the brakes, the front brake on a UK spec Diversion is a single disc and the XJ600 a twin disc setup.

An XJ600 is here:-

XJ600 Pic

And a Diversion is here:-

Div Pic

Alex.

If it's any help this is my 2000(w reg) divvy, notice there is a gusset seperating the fuel tank and the rear panel housing the grab handles, and also the front twin brake discs.(not obvious in the photo)

280805-02.jpg