Once and for all

dragstar_125
This post is 5407 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK folks it think its finally time we clarified something on here!! havent been on in a while and i hoep you are all well!! old timer, old git,Tt, gas up...and the rest of you genius'

Time to get this "?" answered.......what is the maximum speed of the yamaha dragstar XVS classing 2004.....what should you shift through the gears at...bcus im seeign al lot if this 55MPH max out...now i have had mine at 65 at the most and that was difficult....im seeing some1 said 74ish Tt maybe you?? i want to know how to achieve this bcus lately im only maxing out on straights at 55 maybe 60...so lets get the facts n figures down here.... n resolve this regularly asked question ...the floor is now OPEN ....take it away

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mr Ttaskmaster might have some opinion on this, possibly Goff ?? There are a few folk with these sort of bikes who can give you some real advice, rather than the gusssing game I'd have to play.

As a comparison, my missis had a XL125 Varadero (V-Twin), and I could get that just above 75, but the bike only had 1500 miles on it, so the engine was hardly broken in.

Mr Ttaskmaster might have some opinion on this, possibly Goff ?? There are a few folk with these sort of bikes who can give you some real advice, rather than the gusssing game I'd have to play.

As a comparison, my missis had a XL125 Varadero (V-Twin), and I could get that just above 75, but the bike only had 1500 miles on it, so the engine was hardly broken in.

Yea im not getting why i keep hearing that the dragstar can hit 70 in 4th gear, a lot of people have said 55-60 max. i have pushed 65 on dual carriage way but nothing over that. And my bike only has 5.5k on it. and only had 1900 when i got it.

mmmmmm time you bought a bigger bike???? sell you an R6 with a busted wheel bearing.... Nah all fixed now, yipee!!!mmmmmm :lol::icon_wink::icon_biggrin:

mmmmmm time you bought a bigger bike???? sell you an R6 with a busted wheel bearing.... Nah all fixed now, yipee!!!mmmmmm :lol::icon_wink::icon_biggrin:

oh glad you got it fixed mmmm lol!!! classic...so weres my reply?

hmm thats slow i got 55mph flat and 65mph down hill out of my GILERA DNA 50cc twist and go so im sure you should at least be in the 65mph range on a flat

hmm thats slow i got 55mph flat and 65mph down hill out of my GILERA DNA 50cc twist and go so im sure you should at least be in the 65mph range on a flat

Hey barwell yea but the Aprilla Gilera is a very light and small bike, the dragstar is like 150 kilos dry weight 4 stroke, cruiser....but yes i have hit the 65 mark on a long dual carriageway (straight) but i remember Ttaskmaster saying that this bike can hit 70 in 4th???? i want to see this...my bike only has 5000 miles so i dnt see why that would be affecting it

The 1100 is limited to 170kph in high gear. It'll go something like 158kph at the chip in 4th.

From literature, not experience.

Although I did have it at 150kph this week going round a truck on my way to work. Nice

What displacement is your bike?

Edit: Sorry, now I see 125. I thing 65mph should be going pretty well for 125.

im not sure man.....

my 74 dt175 does 70+ mph.

when i got it the odo said 2600 miles.

either it was barely used, the soppdo was replaced, or it was rolled over.

Now then i have 125 dragster 2001 ive maxed it at 65 mph on stright same as you on dual carriage way. ive also got it to 70 but with strong tail wind lol. when you get stong head wind you'll get bout 55ish cos the bike dnt wonna know. hope this helps :blink:

Right.....

Yamaha XVS 125 Dragstar - 2002 model.

Unmodified in anyway. 15,000 on the clock.

MY top speed on flat motorway = an indicated 76mph in 4th gear.

How to do it?

Use the search function and read the several other posts I've already put up about it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online