found my bike dropped :(

khayman
This post is 5434 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I came out from work to find my fz600 lying on its side.

Clutch lever broken and indicator smashed, Anyone know a good place for

parts? Only just returned to biking last week.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I came out from work to find my fz600 lying on its side.

Clutch lever broken and indicator smashed, Anyone know a good place for

parts? Only just returned to biking last week.

sorry to hear about your bike i got a clutch lever from here.type in adress below in to goggle and it will take you right to the page for fz600 1987

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?oid=2147918

Sorry to hear this...Try M&P, they do replacement levers for lots of bikes, they will also sell indicators I think but if you go for led ones you will need to buy the correct relay also, or maybe check out ebay.

...Paul

sorry to hear about your bike i got a clutch lever from here.type in adress below in to goggle and it will take you right to the page for fz600 1987

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?oid=2147918

thanks for the address, they have the indicator lens as well, sorted.

Now I just need to find a better place to leave the bike. School car park is too tempting for not so little hands

me thinks.

Now I just need to find a better place to leave the bike. School car park is too tempting for not so little hands

me thinks.

glad to be of help, they are good for most parts for fz600 they have never let me down.

me thinks.

best take it in the classroom with you !

Regards Jim

most of the 'crew at our school use adjacent roads to park their peds, especially the residential sideroads because you can safely leave the bike(s) on the side of the road with no fear of it being vandalised.

me thinks.

Find the spot that is covered by the CCTV and park it there next time - you'll have no problems all the kids know where the cameras are :lol:

Anyone know a good place for parts? Only just returned to biking last week.

As a last resort if you are desperate for genuine parts try Fowlers of Bristol (01179 770466). They have a second to none mail order department, if you order before close of play you will get the parts next day. Although genuine Yamaha parts can be expensive, if like me you rely on your bike for work it can be money well spent.

Sorry can't help with parts as I'm in NZ, but can feel your pain. Lesson #1 - Never trust your side stand. For that matter never trust your main stand! I put my RD on the centre stand outside a known Harley pub and came out an hour later to find it on it's side (stand was still up) I believe it was not a technical malfunction..hahha

Lesson # 2 - Never leave your side stand down after commencing riding. Especially if you have one of those fancy locking type side stands. Only the laundry lady knows the effect that the first left hander has on this person. P.s. you will need to brush up on all the lessons of your youth quick as. Good luck. Mark

Never leave your side stand down after commencing riding. Especially if you have one of those fancy locking type side stands.

I believe most bikes people ride nowadays have a switch that cuts the engine out if you put it into gear with teh sidestand down. It was done to stop this very thing.

I believe most bikes people ride nowadays have a switch that cuts the engine out if you put it into gear with teh sidestand down. It was done to stop this very thing.

yup my bike has cut out many a time and left me wondering why then realised the stand was down thank god for the inventor of the stand switch

yup my bike has cut out many a time and left me wondering why then realised the stand was down thank god for the inventor of the stand switch

Hi

dont you feel like a twat when you do it tho .... When the Uk government added this reg back in 1881 (ment 1981) the early systems where a bit bizzare ... Kawa AR125 had cables from the clutch lever connected to the side stand (so you could not pull the clutch in until the weight was off the side stand) .. remove the side stand total.... retrofit electrical switches to the side stand & clutch lever but now its sorted this problem should no longer happen !

Regards Jim