SR125 Carburetor Question

Joffie
This post is 5414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I've just got to the final furlong on my efforts to mend the SR125.

(Turns out the major problem was a dropped exhaust valve)

So, the top-end rebuild is now complete, valves and cam chain timing set up... i think

Today I filled the tank but the fuel just drops straight through my carburetor. When it was disconnected I noticed that it tends to rattle slightly when not still/horizontal. Q.1Is this normal?

Thanks.

Oh yes one other thing - different subject,

Q.2There are three marks on the rotor it looks like this |.....|----| (ignore the full stops they're just spacers but the hyphens represent a continuous line)

Would it be correct that the middle vertical line is TDC?

Thanks for your help...

J

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,

I've just got to the final furlong on my efforts to mend the SR125.

(Turns out the major problem was a dropped exhaust valve)

So, the top-end rebuild is now complete, valves and cam chain timing set up... i think

Today I filled the tank but the fuel just drops straight through my carburetor. When it was disconnected I noticed that it tends to rattle slightly when not still/horizontal. Q.1Is this normal?

Thanks.

Oh yes one other thing - different subject,

Q.2There are three marks on the rotor it looks like this |.....|----| (ignore the full stops they're just spacers but the hyphens represent a continuous line)

Would it be correct that the middle vertical line is TDC?

Thanks for your help...

J

As for the marks, they may be centre at TDC or they may be ignition timing marks, centre at correct timing and the others at acceptable + or - from correct. you can usually feel for TDC through the spark plug hole with something like a terminal screwdriver, this will show what these marks are. The carburettor, sounds like something is loose, maybe the float needle valve has somehow dropped into the bowl, hard to comment really but it looks like you will have to investigate further

If the carb is empty you will be able to hear the float shake up/down. Sounds like the needle/seat are worn or dirty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online