(05) YBR 125 Rev Counter/Tacheometer

g_you001
This post is 5430 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've got a YBR 125 and on riding home from work today I noticed the light that illuminates the rev counter was not illuminated! :unsure:

The speedo, fuel guage, idiot panel illuminaton are all fine, The rev counter itself still works fine tho. I'ts not a massive problem but it's annoying, I've looked in the owners manual and that diddn't give me any guidance.

Is it as simlpe as replacing a bulb in the unit or do I need to replace the rev counter or even the whole instrument cluster?

And what do you think it'll cost to have whatever work you thinks needs doing to it @ my Yamaha dealer?

Cheers,

g_you001

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

should just be some led's in the back so open the casing and have a look if they are led just drop them out and get some more and solder them back on to the wire

should just be some led's in the back so open the casing and have a look if they are led just drop them out and get some more and solder them back on to the wire

Unscrew the two nuts under the panel (8mm spaner if I remember right) and get the back cover out. You might need to unscrew the speedo cable as well. After doing this you shoyld be able to see the bottom side of the clocks. Using some kind of pliers (or your nails if it fits you) pull the rubber (not the wires) and you will be able to see the bulb. It's a plug in 12v/1.7w bulb.

• Like 1

Unscrew the two nuts under the panel (8mm spaner if I remember right) and get the back cover out. You might need to unscrew the speedo cable as well. After doing this you shoyld be able to see the bottom side of the clocks. Using some kind of pliers (or your nails if it fits you) pull the rubber (not the wires) and you will be able to see the bulb. It's a plug in 12v/1.7w bulb.

:yeahthat:

was just about to suggest that, ive got the wedge type bulbs in mine, but theyre led's :rolleyes: blue along the speedo and blue and red along the rev counter :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online