what is the carburetor intake valve

mark2010
This post is 5437 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Could anyone please tell me what the carburetor intake valve is as i want to add slick 50 and i dont know where to find the intake valve.

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Could anyone please tell me what the carburetor intake valve is as i want to add slick 50 and i dont know where to find the intake valve.

Thank you

Probably on the shelf with left handed screwdrivers and tins of elbow grease, sounds like a wind up if you've been told to put slick 50 (shudder) in it, but if we knew what bike it would help.

Hi

Thank you

As Cynic say's. Not a good idea.

Probably on the shelf with left handed screwdrivers and tins of elbow grease, sounds like a wind up if you've been told to put slick 50 (shudder) in it, but if we knew what bike it would help.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH lol hahahahaha ok thanks i will give it a miss then eh?

Just someone recommended it

Thanks Mark

Doenst it do what its says on the tin like ??

cheers Mark

I don't know. I have not read the tin.

I don't know. I have not read the tin.

Its a friction reducer esentially designed for car engines, its suppost to go in the engine oil but unless its got a lot better it shags your clutch on bikes.

Or at least it has on the people i know that used it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH lol hahahahaha ok thanks i will give it a miss then eh?

Just someone recommended it

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

it would be nice to know what bike you are thinking of .... In certain instances it could help

Regards Jim

Hi Mark,

it would be nice to know what bike you are thinking of .... In certain instances it could help

Regards Jim

Hi Jim

Its for my DT125R

The one im having nothing but problems with lol

At about 5000 revs and onwards im getting some major vibrations so much that after a short trip my fingers on my left hand go numb.

This particular problem started about 2 weeks ago

The temperature guage has gone close to the red

This problem started about a week ago

It feels like it has Kangaroo petrol in it its spluttering and jerking and really doesnt seem happy at all

And this problem only about 3 days ago

Cheers Mark

Its a friction reducer esentially designed for car engines, its suppost to go in the engine oil but unless its got a lot better it shags your clutch on bikes.

Or at least it has on the people i know that used it.

There is different kinds of slick 50 this particular one isnt for the engine its just an "Upper cylinder lubricant"

Cheers Mark

There is different kinds of slick 50 this particular one isnt for the engine its just an "Upper cylinder lubricant"

Cheers Mark

So it goes in and you get a puff of smoke out the back thats cleaned all the crap out, one word. Bollocks, sorry to be frank you want to clean the upper cyl take it to bits. If the engine is running rough and the temp is well up you have a problem that will need spanners to fix.

I'm no expert on water pumpers so there are better people on here for this but i'd be looking at the water level first and if you are using any it is probably something like a head gasket. If no water usage? Maybe a crank bearing going making the motor run massively lean due to the crank seal.

Bloke on here called JimR is prob the best bet on these motors.

So it goes in and you get a puff of smoke out the back thats cleaned all the crap out, one word. Bollocks, sorry to be frank you want to clean the upper cyl take it to bits. If the engine is running rough and the temp is well up you have a problem that will need spanners to fix.

I'm no expert on water pumpers so there are better people on here for this but i'd be looking at the water level first and if you are using any it is probably something like a head gasket. If no water usage? Maybe a crank bearing going making the motor run massively lean due to the crank seal.

Bloke on here called JimR is prob the best bet on these motors.

Hi Cynic

I think your totally right......... unfortunatly im just starting out with the mechanical side of things so its all new to me so im just trying to find out the best things to try.

Thanks Mark

Hi Cynic

I think your totally right......... unfortunatly im just starting out with the mechanical side of things so its all new to me so im just trying to find out the best things to try.

Thanks Mark

Not a problem there are people on here that can answer just about any question on bikes, there are some characters as well but as it goes its about the best forum i've been on. Busy enough to get quick answers and frank enough to keep it straight and to the point.

For what its worth its the people that go in for the really stupid questions are the ones that get left out in the cold like will a fzr 1000 engine fit my dt125, an exageration but you get my meaning. Make sure your profile is fully filled out and you will find just about all the info you need or where to get it.

Enjoy.

Hi Cynic

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

Ok if the temp is high you will need to check out the pump .... the impeller in the pump (with age) tends to break up ... this can be checked by runing the bike with the rad cap removed as the revs increase you should see a 'whirlpool' at the rad neck if not the pump will need to be striped ...

The mechanical seal to the rear of the pump if gone will give you 'white gearbox oil' and over full !!. As the pump is driven off the primary gear you may be well unlucky and have that seal (crankshaft) gone too which will allow the oil to be at the correct level (or below) .... TBH give us some more info !

Regards Jim

Not a problem there are people on here that can answer just about any question on bikes, there are some characters as well but as it goes its about the best forum i've been on. Busy enough to get quick answers and frank enough to keep it straight and to the point.

For what its worth its the people that go in for the really stupid questions are the ones that get left out in the cold like will a fzr 1000 engine fit my dt125, an exageration but you get my meaning. Make sure your profile is fully filled out and you will find just about all the info you need or where to get it.

Enjoy.

Hi Cynic

Thanks alot i will fill it out.........i have noticed that this is a good forum ive been on others and i do find that you can get a sensible reply to a question here.................

Best wishes

Mark

Hi Mark,

Ok if the temp is high you will need to check out the pump .... the impeller in the pump (with age) tends to break up ... this can be checked by runing the bike with the rad cap removed as the revs increase you should see a 'whirlpool' at the rad neck if not the pump will need to be striped ...

The mechanical seal to the rear of the pump if gone will give you 'white gearbox oil' and over full !!. As the pump is driven off the primary gear you may be well unlucky and have that seal (crankshaft) gone too which will allow the oil to be at the correct level (or below) .... TBH give us some more info !

Regards Jim

Hi Jim

Ive done that with the rad and there was water movement and the gear box oil is a good colour

But after i gave it a run today the temp gauge stayed a half way ..................which is where it normally stays ??????? so i cant understand it ....but there is still coolant dripping from the frame left hand side next to footrest but its only a little.

However the bike is still jerking more so when i turn of the revs when im slowing down a little

Thanks

Mark

Hi Jim

Ive done that with the rad and there was water movement and the gear box oil is a good colour

But after i gave it a run today the temp gauge stayed a half way ..................which is where it normally stays ??????? so i cant understand it ....but there is still coolant dripping from the frame left hand side next to footrest but its only a little.

However the bike is still jerking more so when i turn of the revs when im slowing down a little

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

the guage should not get over cold ... 2 strokes are better cold (so ½ way up the guage may show a problem), With coolant leaking from the expansion tank I would guess the bike is getting too warm for some reason so I would guess more info is needed !

Regards Jim

Hi Mark,

the guage should not get over cold ... 2 strokes are better cold (so ½ way up the guage may show a problem), With coolant leaking from the expansion tank I would guess the bike is getting too warm for some reason so I would guess more info is needed !

Regards Jim

Hi Jim

You may need to help me out................what other info would help?

Thanks Mark

Hi Jim

You may need to help me out................what other info would help?

Thanks Mark

Hi Mark

do you have a water leak to the right of the motor (when sat on it) ? which may show as an expansion tank leak (as long as the pipe is routed there) but could be a pump leak ,,,, dead shame your not over my way as you would have 'problem solved'. Does the guage get to warm within a few secs or 10 mins ? does the cyl have white streaks running down it ? .. it would be good to know all you can say !

Regards Jim

Hi Mark

do you have a water leak to the right of the motor (when sat on it) ? which may show as an expansion tank leak (as long as the pipe is routed there) but could be a pump leak ,,,, dead shame your not over my way as you would have 'problem solved'. Does the guage get to warm within a few secs or 10 mins ? does the cyl have white streaks running down it ? .. it would be good to know all you can say !

Regards Jim

Hi Jim

If im sat on it its to my left....just behind the foot rest its coming from a hole in the bottom of the frame and above that there is a pipe running into it from the expansion tank

It takes about 5-10 mins for the temp gauge to get half way

No there is no white steaks on the cylinder

i have to top up the rad bout once a week but only have to put in about a cup full

I will try to list all i can but im not sure what will help you or not

Cheers Mark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online