Yamaha XJ6 Naked 2009

dan3
This post is 3627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm due to receive a new 2010 XJ6-N, has anyone fitted one of those Ixil exhausts yet, any comments on the build quality, looks, sound etc...? I do like the sound of the Leo Vince exhaust, it just looks a little odd for this type of bike. I was also wondering how many of the parts from the FZ6 and the R6 fit onto the XJ6 engine as they are similar engines. Obviously I won't be doing any modifications just yet, just trying to get an idea like.

Cheers!

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I have been looking around for some exhausts for the XJ6N/Diversion. There is a company in France that supplies a wide range of manufactured systems.

Try this site http://fresco-exhaust.com/index.php.

I have already written to them asking what is envolved. It is the complete exhaust. Apparently there is some modification to the belly pan, but that is all.

I also spoke directly to Two Brothers in the US and they confirmed that they do make a system for the XJ6 known as the FZ6r in the US. http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-25701&searchstart=0&template=Templates/TBRSearchResult-Simple-Yam-FZ6R-FULL-09.html

Here are some of the links on youtube.

Two Brothers ($1000)

Fresco Carbon (750 Euro)

• 1 month later...

I own the new Yamaha Xj6 naked motorbike , just wondering anyone got that bike on this forum , I'm in the process of looking for a new exhaust so far i've come across the below link :

http://www.devil-exhaust.co.uk/gb/news/new...oncept%20%21%21

Does anyone know anyone else who has made a exhaust for this model yet?

Would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

i have fitted a ixil exhaust with a removable baffle and made a new baffle from stainless steel to get the sound i like.the exhaust cost me about £540 for the full system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having struggled to find a bike I fit properly to my DAS, I am now starting lessons with the XJ6. Mightily impressed with the space and comfort, so much so I could see me getting one eventually.

Yep

produced and directed by '2007 wannabe auditionees for Grange Hill the Movie', the film that was never made TF

if Carlsberg got the commission to make the worst promotional film for a bike launch I think they would have floundered against this cheese-tastic and utterly 1st year 'art school' pish-its embarassing and Yamaha corporation should send premium saki, 100 litres (US imperial) to every owner for the dis-honour :bag:

this 'movie' completely under sells this bike IMHO

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a look at the LeoVince SBK Underbody exhaust for the XJ6. I am looking for a local dealer instead of getting off the continent.

Has anyone had a look at the LeoVince SBK Underbody exhaust for the XJ6. I am looking for a local dealer instead of getting off the continent.

JHS Racing near me (keynsham, B.A.N.E.S), are Leo Vince agents. Google for their number. Doubt they will be competitive on price, but worth a call.

I'd buy off of the continent if it is much, much cheaper; having said that the Hein Gericke near me will often match EU prices if ou speak to the manager - they did with my Givi rack (maybe other places will do the same).

• 2 months later...

I own the new Yamaha Xj6 naked motorbike , just wondering anyone got that bike on this forum , I'm in the process of looking for a new exhaust so far i've come across the below link :

http://www.devil-exhaust.co.uk/gb/news/new...oncept%20%21%21

Does anyone know anyone else who has made a exhaust for this model yet?

Would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

there is a lot on youtube to look at

• 1 month later...

There's a rather nice Termignoni system on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140597900601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

However, most aftermarket systems seems to have a more conventional silencer setup...

I like the underslung can! One of the reasons for going for this bike rather than one of the competition's offerings (Gladius, ER6, Hornet...).

I like the look of the Two Brothers one... But I can't get a good pic of the Devil system?

• 10 months later...

Youll probably want to post your intro in the New Member section since this thread is from fall 2011 (and not your thread). :)

• 10 months later...
Hi guys,
I've got the SC project exhaust on my 2009 XJ6-N, but am struggling to understand how the baffle is to be removed.
Is anyone able to shed any insight on the baffle removal for this specific exhaust? As it is not clear to me, and I am struggling to find any info elsewhere on the net!

Hi guys,
I've got the SC project exhaust on my 2009 XJ6-N, but am struggling to understand how the baffle is to be removed.
Is anyone able to shed any insight on the baffle removal for this specific exhaust? As it is not clear to me, and I am struggling to find any info elsewhere on the net!

why not send SC project an email?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks pil, but I already have to no avail!

The question still stands it seems!

• 10 months later...

Hi all I've been having a look around as I have just brought my 2012 xj6 and was wondering are the fz6r exhausts the same as the xj6 ie. the mounts and what not?

Hi all I've been having a look around as I have just brought my 2012 xj6 and was wondering are the fz6r exhausts the same as the xj6 ie. the mounts and what not?

yes, the same. But to be sure we mean the FZ6R (2009+ North America) and not the FZ6 or variants (2004-2009) which have a radically different exhaust layout.