pillions

jimmythehat
This post is 5440 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, my missus wont come near a bike but i love to have a good pillion for stabilty through the bends, is there any girls out there who love to be on the back of a r1 on the odd sundays etc? must live reasonably close , ie surrey area. i often ride out in kent,surrey, sussex,hampshire areas.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I belive susan boyle is in your area at the moment , give her a call......

I love riding pillion.......almost as much as i love riding my own bikes :D

My advice to you is......dump yer missus and find a girl who shares your interest in bikes.....will only give you grief in the long run.

my ex wasn't a biker when i met him - but he said he liked them - even went as far as passing his test - but he wasnt a biker, never will be - cos he had NO IDEA what its really all about.

Get yerself a new missus!

Get yerself a new missus!

:yeahthat:

........or give me the R1!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wish i had never asked now,, no im not about to leave the missus as i love her and we going to have our first child in 8 weeks time, was a serious question, but hey , sorry i bothered.

Hey, no need to get all bent out of shape, dude...

To be honest, this is the wrong place to ask. Most of the girls here will have their own bikes and ride them proudly.

Try asking on places like BikerMatch or Motorcycle Junction.

They're not just for dating - They're networking too and there are loads of people there who prefer to ride pillion.

wish i had never asked now,, no im not about to leave the missus as i love her and we going to have our first child in 8 weeks time, was a serious question, but hey , sorry i bothered.

Jesus - someone's had a sense of humour bypass :lol:

Don't take it so seriously!

But im curious - if you love your missus as you say you do and she's having your baby - WTF are you doing looking for a girl to ride pillion with you? If i was you're missus and having your kid - i would nail your balls to the ceiling for even thinking about it.........

Get some panniers and load them up with bricks if its weight you want.....but having said that, i havent seen Valentino Rossi going round bends with a bird on the back for a bit of stability.......

Jesus - someone's had a sense of humour bypass :lol:

Don't take it so seriously!

But im curious - if you love your missus as you say you do and she's having your baby - WTF are you doing looking for a girl to ride pillion with you? If i was you're missus and having your kid - i would nail your balls to the ceiling for even thinking about it.........

Get some panniers and load them up with bricks if its weight you want.....but having said that, i havent seen Valentino Rossi going round bends with a bird on the back for a bit of stability.......

Hi Goff,

I totally agree with you ... why would you want to go out with another girl while the wife is looking after the newborn ? perhaps nailing balls to the floor may be easier than the ceiling :lol: (you may need to buy a step ladder).

The R1 is configurable so I would guess the suspension could be set for runing solo (as Rossi does) whatever weight/size you are ! to the point I'm 8 st & the other ½ is 7 st so the XJ900 is setup to accomodate us. I would also guess you could have more (riding) fun solo on a bike as you dont have to take into account an unknown passenger (in this case) and tone down the riding just in case you drop it. But we could a have a baby blues person and have some other form of ridding in mind

Regards Jim

its like asking if some one is willing to have an afair with you

well sory but thats what it sounds like

im not saying thats what your after but it does sound like it

Hi Goff,

I totally agree with you ... why would you want to go out with another girl while the wife is looking after the newborn ? perhaps nailing balls to the floor may be easier than the ceiling :lol: (you may need to buy a step ladder).

The R1 is configurable so I would guess the suspension could be set for runing solo (as Rossi does) whatever weight/size you are ! to the point I'm 8 st & the other ½ is 7 st so the XJ900 is setup to accomodate us. I would also guess you could have more (riding) fun solo on a bike as you dont have to take into account an unknown passenger (in this case) and tone down the riding just in case you drop it. But we could a have a baby blues person and have some other form of ridding in mind

Regards Jim

What he said too!

but i love to have a good pillion for stabilty through the bends,

IMHO -If you need help with stability through corners - you shouldn't be taking passengers!