R6 single to dual headlight conversion

Heather
This post is 5332 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm sure it's a common topic, but I can't find any help through search. Is there a conversion kit to change the R6 headlight from being on one side to both? I keep reading about this highbimmin site that used to do it but it seems to be non existant now. Just tired of the constant, "hey one of your headlights is out"

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i could do it but it would take me ages to explain lol basicly look the the wires and where they reach the bulb terminals they should be at diforent ones 2 out of the 3 all you have to do is run a wire from the wire thats diforent position on both of the light to the other in the unocupied position and the same for the other light also run the black from one of the bulbs to the other bulb's black whire

told you it wouldent make sence lol

ohh by the way this will run both bulbs on normal beam and both will also be high beams so dobles the ligh power but also could drain the batery as its powering doble the watage

The existing wiring may not take the extra load, so I'd use add in a couple of relays and wire up a new bit of loom with some heavy duty wire, the bulbs can run directly off the battey using the existing wiring as the switch for the relay. All you need to do is get a dual filament bulb. I'd also devise a way to switch off the dipped when the main light is on otherwise you could end up melting your light lens.

hi there. i wired a an imported blades lights simply by wiring 1 light 2 the other.but ur headlights use different bulbs.cant see y it wont work.try swappimg bulbs c if they.ll fit?