yzf750r oil issue

This post is 5429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

my yzf750r uses about 300ml of oil every 170 miles or so, iknow they burn a bit, and i get a puff of black smoke when i rev it quite hard, but is this normal for one of these.

its only done 21000 miles and im just checking before i decide to go and change the valve stem seals or see if its worn the rings(hopefully not rings) :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Burning oil is quite common with the YZF`s and FZR`s.

With the YZF750, its usually the valve stem seals, might be worth pulling it apart and checking your valve clearances at the same time.

Although i`ve had a few 750`s, never had an issue with using oil, apart from the one that had a FZR1000 motor in it, that had to have the stem seals replaced as it had the same problem as yours.

Burning oil is quite common with the YZF`s and FZR`s.

With the YZF750, its usually the valve stem seals, might be worth pulling it apart and checking your valve clearances at the same time.

Although i`ve had a few 750`s, never had an issue with using oil, apart from the one that had a FZR1000 motor in it, that had to have the stem seals replaced as it had the same problem as yours.

Thanks for that mate, just reasures me that im on the right path.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online