yamaha rs125 dx

tpricey
This post is 5433 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello there i have a 1979 yamaha rs125 dx and the generator is shot (all the wires are broken and the winding are falling apart). i have a yamaha rxs100 with cdi and was wondering if the generator and cdi ignition would fit the rs125 which is contact breaker ignition. also i am after a set of wheels front and back front wheel has disc brake email me at [email protected] or reply to this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello there i have a 1979 yamaha rs125 dx and the generator is shot (all the wires are broken and the winding are falling apart). i have a yamaha rxs100 with cdi and was wondering if the generator and cdi ignition would fit the rs125 which is contact breaker ignition. also i am after a set of wheels front and back front wheel has disc brake email me at [email protected] or reply to this post.

Hi,

It could work but you would have to check that the mag taper is the same for both mags (I would guess it would be), then you would have to rewire the ignition system to suit the cdi. Next point would be a nice point to mount the cdi box but I guess under the seat (between the rear mudguard, air box & oil tank). What is wrong with the set of wheels you have ?

Regards Jim

Hi,

It could work but you would have to check that the mag taper is the same for both mags (I would guess it would be), then you would have to rewire the ignition system to suit the cdi. Next point would be a nice point to mount the cdi box but I guess under the seat (between the rear mudguard, air box & oil tank). What is wrong with the set of wheels you have ?

Regards Jim

the wheels are fine but the spokes are excessively corroded at was just seeing if getting another set would be cheaper than trying to clean them up, they require a lot of work

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online